Download: OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro receive stable Android 11 with OxygenOS 11 update
OnePlus is gearing up for the launch of the OnePlus 8T on October 14. And while that is something to look forward to, existing OnePlus 8 series owners also have something to rejoice about. After rolling out two Open Betas for OxygenOS 11 based on Android 11, OnePlus is now rolling out stable OxygenOS 11 build based on stable Android 11 to the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro.
The highlight of Oxygen OS 11, other than the rebase to Android 11, is the new UI visual design that attempts to make these large screen devices easy to use. Since this is the stable release, we expect this to roll out to all users over the coming week, unless any showstopper bugs are spotted. You can wait for your device to get picked up on the staged rollout, or you can sideload the update using the download links provided below. OnePlus mentions that OxygenOS 11 will also roll out for the OnePlus 7T Pro, OnePlus 7T, OnePlus 7 Pro, OnePlus 7, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 6, and OnePlus Nord in the future.
Here is the complete changelog for the full update:
Changelog for OxygenOS 11 stable update for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro
- Fresh new UI visual design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details.
- Brand-new weather UI supports dynamic switches between sunrise and sunset. You can have day and night at your hand now.
- Optimized stability on some third-party applications and improved user experience.
- Game Space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only, heads up and block, just for your immersive gaming experience.
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Instagram and WhatsApp. (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click and the notification bar will pop out.
- Ambient Displsy
- Added Always-on ambient Display function, custom Schedule/All day option included. (To set: Settings > Display > Ambient Display)
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Newly added 10 new clock styles. (To set: Settings > Customization > Clock Style)
- Dark Mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable.
- Supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range. (To set: Settings > Display > Dark Mode > Turn on automatically > Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise/Custom time range.)
- Zen Mode
- Added 5 new themes (ocean, space, grassland, and so on), and more timing options.
- Included the Group feature in Zen Mode, now you can invite your friends and enable the Zen Mode together.
- Story function supported, automatically forming weekly videos with photos and video in storage.
- Loading speed optimized, and the image preview is now faster.
- The widget on the desktop might disappear. It can be set as followed: Long press on the desktop -“Widget” – “Settings” – Select the widget.
Download: Stable OxygenOS 11 update based on Android 11
You can download the update and sideload it onto your phone. Download the appropriate package for your phone, go to Settings > System > System Updates, and then click on the top-right icon and select “Local Upgrade” option. From there, select the update package that you have downloaded and proceed.
OnePlus 8 Pro
Thanks to XDA Senior Member Some_Random_Username for the download links!