[Update: Royale Pass Season 8] PUBG Mobile 0.13.5 adds a high-frame rate mode on HDR quality, new SMG, and seasonal upgrades
PUBG Mobile continues to be one of the most popular games on Android with more than 50 million daily users. Tencent continues to pump out updates to add new features and keep the game fresh. The latest beta, version 0.13.5, brings high-frame rate mode on HDR quality, a new submachine gun, and several seasonal upgrades.
The HDR option in PUBG Mobile renders the game with better colors and with a higher contrast ratio, making blacks blacker and whites whiter. It’s not possible to use the high-frame-rate mode with the HDR setting. This is only available on some high-end devices that support it. Go to Settings > Graphics to enable it.
Next up is a new submachine gun called “PP-19.” This is a 9mm submachine gun with a detachable oversized magazine that holds 53 rounds. The capacity of the magazine cannot be upgraded. Scopes and muzzle attachments can be added to the gun. The PP-19’s single shot damage is 35 and the rate of fire is similar to what you get with the UMP. The PP-19 has the advantage of a full kitted weapon early in a match, but won’t be as the game progresses.
Here is the full list of season system upgrades and other improvements:
- Season interface has been redesigned to make it more intuitive and fancier.
- Classic mode results screen has been adjusted. Rating and Tier changes are now more visible on the screen.
- Season 8 rewards have been adjusted in S8. The entire Season 8 outfit is now available at Gold tier. Reach Diamond tier to get Season-exclusive weapon finishes. Reach Crown or above to get a special team-joining effect and name tags. Reach Ace or above to get a permanent season title.
- Rewards will now be automatically sent to players at the end of the Season.
- Players will learn more detailed changes from the previous season at the beginning of each Season.
- The ranking system’s algorithm has been tuned to slightly increase the weight of kill points, so kills now have a bigger impact on Tier.
- Tier transfer rules have been revised. Starting from Season 8, Tiers below Gold are transferred as-is to the next season.
- Tier Inheritance message has been made more clear. Rating reset information for all servers will be shown in one message, and tier transfer rules will be explained on the website (whose link will be included in the message).
- Tier promotion messaging has been improved. Division promotions within a tier will not be shown in the lobby. Tier promotions will get a fancier display.
- Tier icon visuals have been improved.
- Title visual effects have been tuned.
- Some mythic outfits are now shown with weapons drawn.
- Fixed the bug where players could not move the avatars of their teammates in Team Deathmatch.
Update: Royale Pass Season 8
PUBG Mobile 0.13.5 has left beta and the full changelog has been shared. All of the changes mentioned in the changelog above are included as well as a bunch of other new features and events. New ocean-themed outfits and items have been added for Royale Pass Season 8. Also, to celebrate 1 year of Royale Passes, some items from Season 2 and 3 are returning.
PUBG Mobile 0.13.5 Additional Changelog Items
- TPP-Team Deathmatch added to Room Mode.
- iOS background download and update feature has been added. While downloading a new patch, iOS players can now send the app to the background (iOS shop will not be updated to reflect this).
- New Rating Protection Cards, including Rating Protection Card (Duration) and Rating Protection Card (Uses), will take effect when ratings change. No rating will be deducted while the Card is active. Only applies to Crown tier or below.
- The High Frame Rate option has been added to HDR mode for some high-end devices. Enable it for even better graphics at the cost of battery life. It can be configured in Settings – Graphics.
- PMCO-themed events are coming in late July. After completing the missions, players can listen to the new PMCO song by Alan Walker, and get the PMCO Theme for the Main Menu.
- Royale Pass: New ocean-themed outfits and items await players in the Season 8 Royale Pass!
- New friends request feature: on the Elite Pass purchase page, players can ask their friends for the Elite Pass or Elite Pass Plus.
- To celebrate the first anniversary of the Royale Pass, some items from Season 2 and Season 3 are coming back. Players can get these rare items in Rank Rewards and Redemption Crates.
- Display effects on the Rewards screen, Mission screen, EZ Mission License screen, and Ranking screen have been adjusted.
- Fixed issue of reward notifications not appearing when there are Daily Missions in the reward for RP Missions.
- Fixed issue of Crate Names described in EZ Mission License Perks 3 not matching the actual crate.
- Fixed issue of players being erroneously ranked with incorrect ratings and tiers during the season change.
- Items have been added to BP Shop for Prime subscribers, including Season 8 passes, mission cards and more.
- The UC Purchase Bonus screen has been updated. Rewards have also been updated.
- Unified the Crate names and fine-tuned the visual effect of the navigation bar on the right side.
- Bonus Challenge results are now calculated in real-time. The Middle East, Southeast Asia, Europe and the United States regions will be start soon.
- Team Up in Royale Pass Season 8 for the Summer Carnival! Treasures from the ocean await you!
- PUBG MOBILE CLUB OPEN 2019 Global Finals, 7/26-7/28 – Join us in Berlin! Check-in in-game a certain number of times to collect PMCO-exclusive rewards!
- PUBG MOBILE x BAPE collaboration with in-game BAPE products and retail merchandise!
- Alan Walker x PUBG MOBILE’s new collaboration single and mystery set! Check the event center to participate in the new song unlocking event.
- To celebrate the first anniversary of Royale Pass, some Season 2 and Season 3 events will be back. Players can get these rare items in Rank Rewards and redeem crates!
Want more posts like this delivered to your inbox? Enter your email to be subscribed to our newsletter.