Flashing a new ROM to your Redmi Note 8 Pro? Here’s how to install TWRP first
Redmi Note 8 Pro is the newest and the most powerful Note from the Redmi family. The phone runs MIUI 10 based on Android Pie out of the box. It is also eligible for the MIUI 11 update which will be rolled out globally in December 2019. However, if you are a power user and want to do more with the phone, TWRP recovery is the answer. TWRP (Team Win Recovery Project) lets you install custom ROMs, custom kernels, and mods which cannot be carried out by the stock MIUI recovery that comes pre-installed on the device
Installing TWRP on any Android smartphone is an easy task if you follow the instructions carefully. Hence, to help you out, we dedicated this post to guide you step by step on how to install the TWRP recovery on the Redmi Note 8 Pro.
Before getting started, kindly take care of the pre-requisites that are listed below
- Unlocked Bootloader
- USB Cable
- Windows PC/Laptop
- Phone Drivers
- ADB and Fastboot Drivers
- Any Preferred/Working TWRP
Note: It is not mandatory but we advise you to take a backup of the data stored on your phone in case anything goes wrong.
Steps to install TWRP recovery on the Redmi Note 8 Pro
- Enable Developer options by tapping 7 times on MIUI version under About phone section of the Settings app.
- Navigate to Developer options which will be under Additional settings in the Settings app.
- Turn on USB debugging from there.
- Now, open ADB and Fastboot (commonly known as platform-tools) folder on your computer.
- Copy the downloaded TWRP file to that folder.
- Open CMD (command prompt) or PowerShell window from that folder. It can be achieved in two ways:
- Clear the path in the address bar. Then, type cmd or CMD and press enter.
- Press shift key and right-click simultaneously. Then, select Open PowerShell window here (Windows 10) or Open command window here (Windows 8 and older).
- Type adb devices and press enter.
- Allow USB debugging on the phone when prompted.
- Then, type adb reboot bootloader and press enter.
- The phone will now boot into bootloader mode.
- Now, type fastboot flash recovery NAME_OF_TWRP_FILE.img and press enter.
- TWRP recovery will be now installed on your Redmi Note 8 Pro.
- Lastly, type fastboot reboot and press enter to reboot your phone.
That is it, you have successfully installed TWRP on your Redmi Note 8 Pro.