Here are the new items we discovered in Fortnite Battle Royale Patch 5.2
Fortnite Mobile on Android is launching soon, and we have the installer APK file. From it, we have found evidence further corroborating that the mobile game will launch exclusively on the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and possibly on the Samsung Galaxy Tab S4. Pre-orders of the Samsung Galaxy Note 9 will get 15,000 V-Bucks according to output from Epic Games’ entitlement API. Interestingly, the APK file for the Android release is already on the v5.2 patch, which is set to go live on other platforms later this week. Thanks to this early access, we have been able to data-mine the game’s resources to determine what new items would make their way into the upcoming patch.
Every other week, Epic Games updates Fortnite Battle Royale with new items. These updates add new weapons, skins, dances, gliders, pickaxes, and more. Version 5.2 of the APK was first discovered by XDA Junior Member thesbros, our resident expert at data-mining, who was able to help us find all of the new items coming in the v5.2 patch. We were able to find the names of new skins, dances, pickaxes, and more. These skins will cost anywhere between 800 V-Bucks to 2,000 V-Bucks, or between $8 and $20.
A sample of the data-mined assets from Fortnite Battle Royale patch 5.2
We were, unfortunately, unable to get renders of these skins and items because Fortnite Mobile on Android is using a new compression method on the assets which current tools don’t support. Attempting to pull these files with current tools causes the viewer will crash. When the update goes live, probably on Tuesday, more experienced data-miners will be able to pull more data and hopefully images on everything new.
Everything new we found in Fortnite Battle Royale v5.2
We were able to find these new files by using UE Viewer to unpack the .pak files from games made in Unreal Engine. Keep in mind the items we found below are new in this update compared to v5.1. However, they might have been in the game previously and later removed, only to return in this release. Furthermore, Epic will sometimes add these items without actually releasing them, so even though they are in the files they might not actually make it into a live build of the game. Keep this in mind while reading through the list.
- Celestial (Male)
- DurrburgerHero (Male) (Burger Boss Victory well done.)
- Exercise (Female) (Aerobic Assassin Flex your victory muscles.)
- Exercise (Male) (Mullet Marauder Totally radical.)
- FuzzyBearPanda (Female) (2000 V-Bucks) (P.A.N.D.A Team Leader Victory now. Nap later.)
- StreetRacerWhite (Female) (Whiteout Break away from the pack.)
- StreetRacerWhite (Male) (Overtaker Take over the competition.)
- SushiChef (Male) (1200 V-Bucks) (Sushi Master Roll out!)
- Aerobics (500 V-Bucks) (Work it Out Break a sweat.)
- Chug (Go! You can do it!)
- Llama Bell
- Hot Stuff (Hot Stuff Tss!)
- Pump (500 V-Bucks)
- SushiChef (800 V-Bucks)
- StreetRacerCobra (800 V-Bucks)
- 80’s Exercise (Female)
- 80’s Exercise (Male)
- StreetRacerWhite (Female)
- StreetRacerWhite (Male)
- SushiChef (Male)
- DurrBurgerHero (Male)
- FuzzyBearPanda (Female)
- Break-barrel Shotgun
- Heavy Sniper (Heavy Sniper Slower reload time, first shot pieces wall)
- Rail Sniper (Rail gun)
- 5×20 (20x20x20x20x20)
- Comp Blitz
- Gameplay Mutators
- Fly Explosives
- Sky Supply (Sky Supply Drops rain from above!)
- Solid Gold
- Steady Storm
- Taxes (Tactical Showdown This mode encourages tactical combat and building by putting a cap on the amount of resources and ammunition players can carry. Player structures also star with less health than normal.)
- “WW” (Wild West We don’t have none of that new fancy tech here!)
- Durrrables Burger (Healing item)
- Durrrables Drink (Shield Item)
- Durrrables Fries (Movement Speed Boost)
- Bottle Rocket (Fireworks Bright, loud, and fun! Warning: do not light indoors.)
- “Shockwave” Grenade
- Cage Trap (Lockup Trap)
Foraged Items (like shield shrooms and apples):
- “Hurt N’ Heal” (Prickly Pear)
- “Movement Speed”
- Season 5 Treasure Map 03
- TireGlowRed on golf carts for StreetRacer
The heavy sniper was rumored to be added in last week’s update but could be coming with the v5.2 patch. It is a gun that is already in the “save the world” mode. The gun would be like a bolt-action sniper rifle, but when you shoot at a structure made of wood it would break that wood piece and hit someone behind it with less damage. The other guns are a rail sniper and a break barrel shotgun. We don’t know much about these weapons as we can’t pull any of the files out of the game.
The other interesting item is the Prickly Pear, code-name Hurt N’ Heal. This is interesting because it would be the 6th foraged item. The current ones, or ones that were in the game, are Apples, Shield Shrooms, Cake, Hop Rocks, and Rifts. These Prickly Pears seem like they will spawn similarly to Apples, but when you eat one, they will either do damage or heal you. From the game of roulette you get while eating we can assume it will do a bit more healing than an Apple, making the rick more valuable.
Want more posts like this delivered to your inbox? Enter your email to be subscribed to our newsletter.