FWUL, the Linux distro designed for Android debugging and modding, hits version 3.0
Chances are, at least once in a lifetime, you needed to flash your Android device or simply use adb or fastboot for debugging purposes. Considering the fact that Windows has more than 80% market share on the operating system market, chances are even higher that you use it. That’s why it’s sometimes so hard to properly use the advanced debugging tools on this platform. I’ve even had problems after reinstalling adb a couple of times, and then using the full Android Studio SDK tools.
That’s where FWUL, a custom Linux distribution for Android debugging comes into play. It was released more than 2 years ago by XDA Recognized Developer steadfasterX. Just a couple of weeks ago, the developer announced the release of version 3.0 of the distribution. Here is the full changelog:
- FWUL got an own HOMEPAGE
- You may notice that I moved all code to an own gitlab server. The repositories on github.com will stay but are archived, read-only and outdated.
- Fresh Manjaro Arch Linux base from the day of release (means all OS packages are top current)
- Versions of the main FWUL components for this release:
- Kernel -> version: 4.19.13-1 (major upgrade
- ADB and fastboot: android-tools -> version: 9.0.0_r18-1 (major upgrade)
- simple-adb GUI -> version: update6
- SALT -> version: 3.21-4
- ROME -> version: 1.0-1 (newly added)
- TeamViewer (req user install) -> version: 14.0 (major upgrade)
- bootimgtool-git -> version: 20150607.g9ccd962-1
- heimdall-git -> version: 1.4.2.r7.ga2cfdaa-1
- xfwm4 -> version: 4.12.5-1
- lightdm -> version: 1:1.28.0-1
- xorg-server -> version: 1.20.3-1
- virtualbox-guest-utils -> version: 6.0.0-1 (major upgrade)
- firefox -> version: 64.0-1
- hexchat -> version: 2.14.2-1
- testdisk-wip -> version: 7.1-1
- tmate -> version: 2.2.1-2
- new: added MiFlash for Xiaomi devices – read the short summary in FWUL included tools & installers
- new: finally pre-configured hexchat
- new: added two android boot image manipulating tools
- new: added an even more clear Virtualization warning in the welcome screen
- new: added [ROM][E] an extract tool for ROMs – read the short summary in FWUL included tools & installers
- new: polished up wallpaper.
Want more posts like this delivered to your inbox? Enter your email to be subscribed to our newsletter.