Google discontinues the Pixel 3a with the Pixel 4a nowhere to be seen
Google was expected to launch the Pixel 4a last month alongside the Android 11 Beta release. However, the launch was postponed due to alleged manufacturing delays and it’s now expected to launch later this month. While we still have no clear information from Google about the device or its release date, the company has now confirmed that the Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL from last year have been discontinued.
In a statement regarding the matter, a Google spokesperson told Android Police that the Google Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL will no longer be available on the Google Store, and the devices will only be available through a few third-party retailers till stocks last. The spokesperson revealed that the “Google Store has sold through its inventory and completed sales of Pixel 3a. For people who are still interested in buying Pixel 3a, the product is available from some partners while supplies last.”
If you head over to the official Google Store listing for the Pixel 3a series in the US, the devices are now listed as “Unavailable” for purchase. In India, the devices are still available for purchase on Flipkart, however, both the Pixel 3a and Pixel 3a XL are not deliverable in several locations. Even though the Pixel 4a is still nowhere to be seen, leaks and rumors about the upcoming device have revealed quite a bit of information about its design and specifications.
The latest reports about the Pixel 4a claim that the device will be priced at $349 and will not include the Active Edge feature that can be found on older Pixel devices. We suspect that the device will be powered by Qualcomm’s Snapdragon 730 SoC and we’ve also seen the device compared to other Pixel phones in a performance test and camera review.
Rumored Google Pixel 4a Specifications:
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 730
- GPU: Adreno 618
- RAM: 6GB
- Internal storage: 64GB(?), 128GB UFS 2.1
- Display: Single hole-punch 5.81-inch display, 2,340 x 1,080 resolution, 443 dpi, 60Hz refresh rate
- Rear camera: 12.2 MP Sony IMX363, f/1.73 aperture, 1.4µm pixels, OIS, EIS, LED flash, 4K video recording, Autofocus
- Front camera: 8.0 MP Sony IMX355, f/2.0 aperture, 1.14µm pixels, EIS, Fixed focus
- Connectivity: 4G, Dual SIM, GPS, WiFi 5, Bluetooth, GLONASS
- Ports: USB Type-C, 3.5mm headphone jack
- Security: Rear fingerprint sensor
- Battery: 3,080 mAh
- Software: Android 10
Source: Android Police