Google Launches New Privacy and Security Hub
Google has announced the launch of two large improvements to their privacy and security tools. These include a new hub that allows you to manage all your Google settings called ‘My Account’ and new site to answer any of your Google related privacy and security questions.
At Google I/O they announced that they will be giving people the chance to take more control over the information they provide and now these two new sites aim to achieve just this. The first of these sites My Account allows you to:
- Take privacy and Security checkups, which are simple guides showing you the important settings related to your account.
- Alter your Ads settings, allowing you to control the ads you see based on your search history.
- Change the apps and sites that are connected to your account
- Take the Privacy Checkup and Security Checkup, our simple, step-by-step guides through your most important privacy and security settings.
- View the information that can be used by Google services like Search, Maps and YouTube.
The second of these services is inspired by feedback from users regarding privacy and security concerns. This website answers many questions users had about Google’s data collection.
These two new services are definitely a step in the right direction and if you have a google account they are most certainly worth a look. They will be updated as new services are launched and can be found at:
What do you think to the two new sites? Leave a comment below!