Spotify and Call of Duty: Mobile win Google Play’s Users’ Choice Awards for 2019
The Google Play Store contains hundreds and thousands of apps and games, which can quickly become overwhelming for anyone and everyone. The sheer quantity of options available makes it very difficult to separate the wheat from the chaff, and quality apps will definitely find it difficult to come to the notice of the average user. Google thus began its annual Google Play Awards in 2016, aiming to highlight some of the best apps and games to users, and even have separate categories for users to vote for. Voting for the Users’ Choice Awards began last month, and the results have now rolled in, crowning Spotify and Call of Duty: Mobile as the best app and game of this year, respectively, according to user opinion.
Users’ Choice Awards 2019
As the name implies, Users’ Choice Awards are given to apps, games, movies, and books, solely on the votes from users. Thus, these are the best choices solely from the average user opinion and do not necessarily reflect objectivity.
Users’ Choice App of 2019
- Hike Sticker Chat – Fun & Expressive Messaging
- Video Editor – Glitch Video Effects
- Spotify: Listen to your favourite music & podcasts
- Vedantu: Learning App for Class6-10, IITJEE & NEET
- Shilpa Shetty – Fitness (Yoga, Exercise & Diet)
- OkCredit – Udhar Bahi Khata
- Work from Home, Earn Money, Resell with Meesho App
- Ablo: Talk to new people & explore the world
- Enlight Pixaloop – Photo Animator & Photo Editor
- Live Line & Cricket Scores – Cricket Exchange
Spotify emerged as the winner of the Users’ Choice App of 2019.
Users’ Choice Game of 2019
- Harry Potter: Wizards Unite
- RAID: Shadow Legends
- Call of Duty®: Mobile
- Angry Birds Dream Blast
- Brawl Stars
- Stick Cricket Live
- Assassin’s Creed Rebellion
- Ludo All Star – Online Classic Board & Ludo Game
- Masala Madness: Cooking Game
- Indian Air Force: A Cut Above [DISHA – IAF HQ]
Call of Duty®: Mobile emerged as the winner of the Users’ Choice Game of 2019.
Google Play Awards 2019
In addition to Users’ Choice, Google also independently crowns apps as the best choice for the year.
Best App of 2019
Ablo: Talk to new people & explore the world has been crowned the best app of 2019, as it stood out to Google for its ingenuity, polish and thoughtful execution.
Best Everyday Essentials of 2019
This category contains apps that are considered practical tools for everyday functioning. Since people’s needs can vary, there are multiple apps suggested in this category.
Best Personal Growth Apps of 2019
This category contains apps that encourage users to go on a journey of self-improvement, set goals and achieve those goals.
Best Hidden Gems of 2019
This category surfaces apps that are relatively newer but are quickly rising in rank.
Best for Fun Apps of 2019
These apps help you pass the time by making good use of it.
Try out the apps and let us know your thoughts in the comments below! Also, let us know if there are other apps that you feel are worthy of being in the lists above, and that Google should have considered.