Google launches a standalone Tasks app for smartphones
Google Tasks has been a built-in feature of Gmail for a long time. Today, Google is finally giving Tasks the attention it deserves. New standalone apps are available today for Android and iOS devices. This should make the Tasks situation a lot easier to understand.
Previously, it was difficult to find a straight-up list of all your Tasks. They can be created in several different places, but there was no centralized place to find them all. The Google Tasks app has a very simple, clean, and barebones UI. That’s a good thing for a tasks app. All you need is the list of things to do and an easy way to add new items. The UI may be simple, but there’s no shortage of features.
Quickly capture tasks anywhere
- Create task lists with your most important to-dos
- View, edit, and manage tasks on the go, from any device
- Manage tasks created in Gmail or Calendar on the web from your mobile device
Add details and create subtasks
- Break down your tasks to subtasks
- Add details about the work you need to focus on
- Edit details about any task as your work progresses
View tasks created from emails
- Create a task directly from an email in Gmail
- View your tasks in the side panel of Gmail
- Trace a task back to its source email
Stay on track with due dates and notifications
- Set a due date for every task to help you achieve your goals
- Organize your tasks by date or prioritize using drag-and-drop
- Receive due date notification reminders to keep your tasks on track
Part of G Suite
- Bring Google’s suite of powerful, intelligent apps to your business
- Leverage Google’s AI to bring data insights and analysis to every employee
- Connect with your team seamlessly using one suite: Gmail, Tasks, Calendar & more
For users of Google Tasks, this new app should make the experience a lot better. Try out the free app below and let us know what you think. Hopefully, this is a sign that Google is taking productivity apps more seriously.
Want more posts like this delivered to your inbox? Enter your email to be subscribed to our newsletter.