Heimdall and USB Logging Tutorial – XDA Developer TV
Today on XDA Developer TV, XDA Recognized Developer and XDA Developer TV first timer Benjamin Dobell gives us a tutorial on USB logging. Dobell is responsbile for Heimdall. Heimdall is an open source cross platform flashing utility much like Odin, but better. Heimdall lets you flash ROMs on Samsung devices, only Heimdall runs on Windows, Linux, and OS X.
In today’s video, Dobell introduces himself and his Heimdall suite. He then he shows you how to log the USB connection of a flash download on your Galaxy device. Dobell explains that if you log a USB connection during a Kies firmware flash and send the resulting file to him, he may be able to reverse engineer the log and get your device working in Heimdall. So check out this video and help out the community.
Be sure to check out other great XDA Developer TV Videos.
- How to Root the Samsung Galaxy S III – XDA Developer TV
- UnBrickable SD for the Galaxy Camera, HD2 WP8 Port! – XDA Developer TV
- Sony Allows Xperia Play Unlock, Easier Android USB Tethering on Mac OSX! – XDA Developer TV
- App Review: Save Your Battery with One Power Guard – XDA Developer TV
- Expand the Linux Capabilities on Android – XDA Developer TV
Want more posts like this delivered to your inbox? Enter your email to be subscribed to our newsletter.