How to Root your Honor 8 and Install TWRP and Xposed
- Unlocked Bootloader
- Download TWRP and SuperSU
- Make sure USB Debugging is turned on, in the developer’s options.
- Download and install the correct drivers and ADB tools.
- Watch the video once and then watch it again to make sure you get the flow or the work.
- Connect your device to your PC and make sure to grant authentication to your PC over ADB. (You should be able to see your device when you type [ADB devices] in the Command Prompt)
- Type [adb reboot bootloader] and wait for the device to reboot into fastboot mode
- Type [fastboot devices] to confirm you have a connection to your device
- Make sure to save the downloaded recovery .img in the same folder as your are running Adb/fastboot tools, and then type [fastboot flash recovery TWRP image.IMG] ( replace .img with the exact name of the downloaded file)
- When complete reboot normally
- When the device comes back up, open up ADB and type [adb reboot recovery]
- Your device should reboot into TWRP
- Do not change to “read/write” keep in read only mode and do a backup
- Once backup is complete then enable “read/write” by going to “mount” and disabling the option for read only
Rooting the device
- While connected in recovery mode transfer the Supersu2.78 stable to your device and install it. After installed, reboot
- After rooting your device may restart 2 to 3 times. This is normal so just be patient.
- System will reboot and you should have root. Test root access with your favorite root app ( I like XDA labs)
- Install the xposed installer 3.11 apk.
- Reboot into recovery via [adb reboot recovery], or your favorite APM app on the play store
- Install the version 86 sdk23 arm64 binaries zip and reboot
- First boot will take about 6 minutes
- After rebooting go back into recovery and do another backup now that Xposed is installed
- Now you can start checking out modules. Do one at a time and always perform a backup before installing an Xposed module
If you followed the instructions carefully, you should be all set to go!