How to Replace Moto X Pure Screen – XDA TV
There are many times where our mobile device screen meets an unfortunate end. Whether that reason is a sky diving mishap, a hunting accident or you drop it on your face when using it in bed, a broken screen can put a damper on your day. However, if you have the Moto X Pure (Style), XDA TV Special Guest Ronald shows you some tricks to prevent you from needing to buy a replacement phone. In this video he takes you through the steps to replace the Moto X Pure screen. So gather the needed tools listed below and check out the video. Step by step instructions are presented below.
- Plastic Pry Tool
- T4 Screwdriver
- Heat Gun
- Sim Tool
Be sure to check out other great XDA TV Videos.
- Use sim tool to remove sim tray.
- Apply heat to the back of the phone. This will relax the adheasive which holds on the back plate.
- Use your plastic pry tool to remove the back plate.
- Remove the 20 screws around the rim of the phone.
- Remove the rubber tabs and disconnect ribbon cables.
- Pop the back case off of the phone and set it aside.
- Remove the ribbon cables that connect the screen to the motherboard.
- Remove the silver screw at the bottom of the phone.
- Remove motherboard from the screen.
- Reassemble the phone with replacement screen, simply follow the instructions in reverse.
Please subscribe to XDA TV.
Want more posts like this delivered to your inbox? Enter your email to be subscribed to our newsletter.