How to Root your Samsung Moment
The Samsung Moment community is certainly not as massive as the other communities in our forums. But I am sure many people have been looking for a rooting method, well this is it. This method was discovered by one of our members called zikronix, and is now available for everyone to use.
Originally posted by zikronix
- Partition your SD Card to have first partition as fat16 and second ext3 [this tutorial assumes you have this setup exactly as stated]
- Boot in Test Mode with Call+Center+Power
- copy root into your tools directory of the sdk
- adb push root /system
- adb shell chmod 0755 /system/root
- adb shell /system/root
- unplug usb, remove battery, reboot into test mode when instructed
- adb shell
Continue to the thread for more.