Huawei Mate 10 Lite & Huawei P10 Lite receiving Android Oreo (8.0) update
The Huawei Mate 10 Lite and the Huawei P10 Lite are both receiving an update to Android 8.0 Oreo, according to a report from HuaweiBlog.de. Both devices will also receive the latest version of EMUI, EMUI 8.0 which comes with its own set of additional features over stock Android, too. We first saw EMUI 8.0 debuted with the Huawei Mate 10 Pro last year. Users on the Mate 10 Lite or the P10 Lite could install the beta update to Android Oreo through the company’s own open beta program.
Users looking to upgrade to Android Oreo on either device are looking at an update size of about 2.5GB unless they were already on the beta. Previous beta users will have a download size of about 500mb. The build number for the P10 Lite i s WAS-LX1A 126.96.36.1992 (C432) and RNE-L01 188.8.131.520 (C432) for the Mate 10 Lite. You can check out the changelog message below. Note that it’s translated from German and your changelog may not be written the exact same way.
Android Oreo for the Huawei Mate 10 Lite and the Huawei P10 Lite Changelog
- EMUI 8.0 doesn’t just include Android 8.0, but it also includes many great features and enhancements that make your device more intuitive, faster, and safer. We recommend updating now.
- Smart Features: With quick access, you can initiate common operations from any screen. New additions to the home screen provide quick access to the most commonly used app features. Simply hold down on an app’s icon to display its shortcut menu.
- Faster: AI-based optimizations provide greater stability, speed, and fluidity. The system also starts faster and is smoother to use.
- Safer: Benefit from the improved system, privacy, and data protection thanks to system security updates and PrivateSpace.
- “Smart Tips” recommends faster and smarter ways to operate your phone.
- You can now sync the career details of your LinkedIn contacts to your address book.
- The settings menu has been redesigned to be even clearer and more intuitive.
- A recycle bin has been added to the gallery where deleted photos are stored for up to 30 days. Unintentionally deleted photos can be easily restored.
- Phone Manager has been simplified and managing your device is now even easier. Cleansing takes less time and thorough cleansing is now even more thorough.
- Your device can now connect to two Bluetooth devices at once (for example, headphones and car).
The update is currently rolling out for German device owners and should be rolled out elsewhere soon. Users can expect all of the great features Android Oreo brought including Picture in Picture mode, improved battery life and the password autofill API.
Source: HuaweiBlog (in German) Via: GSMArena