Laser-Etched Galaxy Nexus Backplate Winners
Last week, we began a contest for some custom, laser-etched backplate for the Galaxy Nexus made by the fine folks at GRUVER concepts. As you may remember, we said that winners would be chosen based on originality, humor, and ingenuity. It is now one week later, and the contest is now over. While we didn’t quite have “over 9000” entries, we had well over 100, many of which were indeed quite frightening.
As you can imagine, we really enjoyed hearing your most chilling tales of device hackery. And as hard as it may be to pick just twenty winners, we will do our best to highlight the most interesting and unique responses we received—and reward them accordingly. If you’re one of the lucky winners, expect a PM from me in the coming days asking for your shipping information.
CDMA / LTE Galaxy Nexus Winners
- Kilj0y because why should we punish those who read the instructions
- kdietze3 because of his celebrity encounter
- trestevenson who reminds us about the importance of taking the appropriate backup precautions before flashing anything
- housry23 because radio flashes on HTC devices are scary
- dmbatson because his Galaxy Nexus gets treated better than his girlfriend—his words, not mine
- ssconceptz because ODIN crashes are so serious
- wyattyoss because he truly epitomizes ORD
GSM Galaxy Nexus Winners
- darkamikaze for his rythmic ode to flashing. After all, who can argue with, “Yank goes the USB and the phone does die?”
- androo45 because even those who aren’t tech savvy can help us out from time to time
- killster because he admits to and has reformed from his former iToy ways in true XDA fashion
- HtmdroidGN and how he quickly learned the differences between development work meant for the LTE and GSM Galaxy Nexus models
- cocchiararo because we’ve all been there before—trying to help a friend (or boss), only to run into major issues
- petsasj for his epic tale of traveling flashing woes
- Memnoch30 for dealing with the HTC Kaiser and fixing it with FrankenKaiser by Senior Moderator GSLEON3
- And finally, Elite Recognized Developer AdamOutler who shows us that if at first you brick, simply write tools to fix it
Honorable Mention These people forgot to write down their flavor Galaxy Nexus, and thus cannot win the backplate, but still came up with awesome tales that deserve some kind of XDAppreciation… in the form of an XDA-Developers T-Shirt!
- Kryptonian_Knight because when his wife was in labor, he was just as concerned about flashing his Droid Charge
- Zoidpilot because at some point, we all used to think that device hacking was “some alien language.”
- chadouming because he turned his flashing woes into a learning experience for all
Thank you to everyone who entered. Your stories were all amazing reads, and truly demonstrated the power and awesomeness of the XDA community.
Those of you who didn’t win, but still wish to purchase a custom, laser-etched backplate can visit the website above or email email@example.com to get the ball rolling. Don’t forget to use the coupon code XDAFTW for 10% off.
Now get back to flashing!