[Update: KDZ Download] LG G7 ThinQ’s stable Android Pie update is rolling out in Korea
Last month, LG shared their roadmap for Android Pie updates. The LG G7 ThinQ was listed to receive stable Android Pie in Q1 2019. Lo and behold LG is holding up their end of the bargain as the update has started rolling out in Korea. The LG G7 started receiving beta updates in Korea last November, but now the final build is ready to roll out.
One of the big features of Android Pie is the new gesture navigation system and revamped Recent apps switcher. LG has included both of these features in their version of Pie. As shown in the screenshots below, swiping up on the Home button reveals the Recent apps switcher. Swiping up again brings up the app drawer, which is something that only stock OEM launchers are able to do. Users can also perform the left-to-right gesture on the Home button to slide between the recent apps.
The fact that the LG G7 is getting Android Pie in Korea is a good sign for devices in other countries, but it doesn’t mean the update will be expanding any time soon. For comparison, LG started beta testing Android Oreo on the LG G6 five months before it arrived on Verizon. LG G7 owners in the US still may have a while to wait before they get Android Pie.
Here is the (translated) changelog from LG Korea:
- Android Pie OS applied.
- Added gesture home button function. Drag the Home button up to view your recent history, or drag left or right to switch to your recently used app.
- A setting to adjust the media volume is always added when the volume button is pressed.
- A preview is provided in the lower right corner when capturing the screen.
- Added battery saving feature.
- You can set whether each app runs in the background.
- The screen rotation button is provided in the home touch button area when the screen rotation is necessary.
- Security has been enhanced to enable power off after unlocking.
- A lock icon display setting has been added to enhance security. Pressing and holding the power button will stop Smart Lock, biometrics, and lock screen notification when you lock.
- When setting auto brightness, user learns the brightness control pattern and automatically sets it to the preferred brightness.
- Added “Sunset to sunrise” setting in easy-to-view mode.
- Manage folder access permissions and Wi-Fi control permissions for your app.
- SD card encryption no longer restricts the ability to lock the screen with a PIN or password only.
- Added Magic Photo function to the camera.
- Fixed home screen layout lock so apps and widget locations on the Home screen do not change regardless of user intent.
- Dual app functionality added. You can install one more SNS or Messenger app to use with different accounts.
- Supported apps: Facebook, Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp, WeChat, Viber, Line, Skype, Telegram, Kakaotalk, QQ Mobile, BlackBerry Messenger (BBM), ICQ, Zalo, Hike Messenger, Snapchat
Update 1: KDZ Download
Want more posts like this delivered to your inbox? Enter your email to be subscribed to our newsletter.