The LG Q Stylus is a mid-range smartphone designed for handwriting input
There was a time when we thought LG was going to dive headfirst into the stylus smartphone market. It was rumored that the company was going to be taking the stylus as serious as Samsung with its 1,000+ levels of pressure sensitivity and full software support. That type of commitment is nice for those who take stylus input seriously, but most people are just fine with a simple stylus they can use to jot down some notes or markup a screenshot. We’ve watched as LG has gone down this simple stylus route in the past and now the company has announced a new mid-range smartphone for this market called the LG Q Stylus.
The LG Q Stylus follows the company’s recent design language with a FullVision display and curved corners. The smartphone offers the same advanced DTS:X found in the V and G series, which delivers up to 7.1 channel 3D surround sound when listening with earphones. LG is also advertising their version of Google Lens, called “QLens,” where you can capture an image of a product to get more information (including places to purchase and similar items).
The highlight of the LG Q Stylus is, of course, the stylu,s and the South Korean electronics maker has designed the software for handwriting input. The phone has an intelligent palm rejection system, the ability to take notes even when the display is off, and can capture GIF images along with marking up photos and screenshots. We’re told the LG Q Stylus will be made available on a limited basis starting this month in North America and Asia. Other key regions will follow afterward. The company will be selling different variants, including the Q Stylus, Q Stylus+, and Q Stylusα. The version available to you will depend on which country you are in. Pricing and additional launch dates will be announced at a later time.
LG Q Stylus Specs
- Chipset: 1.5GHz Octa-Core or 1.8GHz Octa-Core
- Display: 6.2-inch 18:9 FHD+ FullVision Display (2160 x 1080 / 389ppi)
– Q Stylus+: 4GB RAM / 64GB ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
– Q Stylus: 3GB RAM / 32GB ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
– Q Stylusα: 3GB RAM / 32GB ROM / microSD (up to 2TB)
– Q Stylus+: Rear 16MP with PDAF / Front 8MP or 5MP with Super Wide Angle
– Q Stylus: Rear 16MP with PDAF / Front 8MP or 5MP with Super Wide Angle
– Q Stylusα: Rear 13MP with PDAF / Front 5MP with Super Wide Angle
- Battery: 3,300mAh
- Operating System: Android 8.1.0 Oreo
- Size: 160.15 x 77.75 x 8.4mm
- Weight: 172g
- Network: LTE / 3G / 2G
- Connectivity: Wi-Fi 802.11 b, g, n / Bluetooth 4.2 / NFC / USB Type-C 2.0 (3.0 compatible)
– Q Stylus+: Aurora Black / Moroccan Blue / Lavender Violet
– Q Stylus: Aurora Black / Moroccan Blue
– Q Stylusα: Moroccan Blue
- Other: Stylus Pen / QLens / DTS:X 3D Surround Sound / IP68 Water and Dust Resistance3 / Google Assistant / Fingerprint Scanner / Smart Rear Key / Fast Charging** / MIL-STD 810G Compliant / FM Radio
Source: LG Newsroom