LineageOS 14.1 is now available for the Samsung Galaxy J7 (SM-J700P)
While developing for Samsung devices has proven to be a tough task over the years, there have still been a handful of developers who have been able to accomplish a great feat by porting functioning AOSP-based builds. XDA Recognised Developer minz1 is one such developer who recently released LineageOS 14.1 based on Android 7.1 Nougat for the Samsung Galaxy J7.
For those interested in flashing the custom ROM, here’s a quick run-down of the installation steps:
- First off, make sure you are running the TWRP build contained at this link. It will be continually updated with support for this ROM’s features.
- Secondly, ensure you’re on the “J700PVPS1AQD1” update for the Galaxy J7. If, by any chance, you are not on said update, you should flash the stock ROM (with the help of Odin) and perform a system update.
- After booting into TWRP, perform a factory reset.
- Now flash the custom ROM and the latest Google Apps package.
- Reboot. The first boot could take anywhere between 5-10 minutes.
Future updates to the ROM can be found on the forum thread linked above. Keep an eye out on the thread for any news related to the ROM.