LineageOS Changelog #11 – June ASB, Chromium 59 and Tasks Lock
It’s been two weeks since LineageOS released the last biweekly changelog. The development team periodically publishes a detailed changelog to highlight the new improvements in one of the most popular custom ROMs around.
Last time, the LineageOS team introduced the sensitive number list to fight against all kinds of abuse. Since then, the list has been expanded and includes new countries like Canada, Czech Republic, Germany, Greece, India, Israel, Netherlands, Serbia and Spain.
June security patches are now merged (AOSP tag android-7.1.2_r17). All builds starting June 6th should include the newest security enhancements provided by Google, though implementation will ultimately vary from device to device.
In the last couple of weeks, the team fixed a few issues as well. For instance, you can now prevent tasks from being removed when clearing all apps in the recent apps view. Additionally, you can now disable lock screen album background when playing music. The new Jelly browser is now supporting HTTP authentication. Finally, the System WebView has been updated to Chromium 59.
As always, there are changes to the build roster. New nightlies should now be available for the following devices:
Added 14.1 devices
- Google Nexus 9 (WiFi) – flounder
- Google Nexus 9 (LTE) – flounder_lte
- Xiaomi Mi 4C – libra
- Xiaomi Mi 5s – capricorn
- Xiaomi Mi MIX – lithium
Changed 13.0 devices
- Motorola Droid 4 – maserati – Promoted to 14.1
- Motorola Droid Bionic – targa – Promoted to 14.1
- Motorola Droid RAZR/RAZR MAXX (CDMA) – spyder – Promoted to 14.1
- Motorola Droid RAZR/RAZR MAXX (GSM) – umts_spyder – Promoted to 14.1
Sadly, some devices are now suspended and wait for new maintainers, CVEs patches or wiki updates.
- BQ Aquaris U Plus – tenshi
- LG G Pad X (T-Mobile) – v521
- LG G2 (AT&T, T-Mobile, Canadian and International)
- LG G5 (T-Mobile and International)
- LG V20 (AT&T, T-Mobile, Sprint, Verizon and GSM Unlocked)
- ZUK Z1 – ham
You can get the latest build for your device from the official website or by visiting the home forum of your device.