MediaTek LinkIt Smart 7688 & 7688 Duo Development Challenge
With many companies investing heavily in the Internet of Things, there is no reason developers shouldn’t join in with the fun as well. With that in mind, we have teamed up with MediaTek to host a development challenge!
Using the MediaTek LinkIt™ Smart 7688 and 7688 Duo HDKs and open source platform, developers can add Wi-Fi to any device. This challenge is your opportunity to pitch your proposal for the best IoT device and bring it to life with a MediaTek LinkIt™ Smart 7688 or 7688 Duo of your own. We’ll be awarding these HDKs to the 15 best device proposals in order to give even first time developers a chance to work with the platform. Developers will then have 5 weeks to implement their ideas at the end of which the best as chosen by xda-developers and MediaTek will receive a Grove Starter Kit for LinkIt 7688 Duo worth $49. So without further ado here’s how the competition is going to go:
Round 1 (September 19 – October 3, 2016):
1. Developers around the world are invited to submit a proposal for an device they want to build utilizing MediaTek’s LinkIt™ Smart 7688 or 7688 Duo before October 3, 2016 (5:00pm Pacific Time).
2. A panel of judges from both XDA and MediaTek will select 15 Finalists, based on the proposal’s innovation, ingenuity and originality.
3. The 15 Finalists will each receive one of either the MediaTek LinkIt™ Smart 7688 or 7688 Duo to develop their devices with.
Round 2 (October 3 – December 7, 2016):
1. Finalists have 5 weeks to develop their devices and submit them before December 7, 2016 (5:00pm Pacific Time) for Grand Prize consideration.
2. A panel of judges from both XDA and MediaTek will select 1 Grand Prize winner.
3. The winner will receive a Grove Hardware Kit.
The Grand prize award winner will be announced on December 14, 2016.
To enter the competition all you have to do is fill out the form at the bottom of the page, but to help you get started you can find a playlist with some great tutorials below.