MIUI 11 rolling out to the Redmi K20 and Redmi 7A in India
Xiaomi officially unveiled MIUI 11 late last month at an event in China. Since then, beta versions of the software have already rolled out to a number of devices. These include the Xiaomi Mi 8, the Mi Mix 2S, and the Mi Mix 3. We also learned that Xiaomi was planning to roll out Android 10 based builds for these devices. Following that, the company rolled out an Android 10-based beta build for the Mi 9 SE. And now, the company is rolling out a stable build of MIUI 11 to the Redmi K20 and the Redmi 7A in India.
As per a recent post on Xiaomi’s forums, MIUI 11 version 220.127.116.11 is now rolling out for the Redmi K20 in the country. However, the build is based on Android 9 Pie and packs in the Android Security patch for September 2019. You can check your device for the update by heading over to the About phone section in the Settings. In case you haven’t received it yet, you can also download the build from the link below and manually flash it on your phone. A similar build is rolling out to the budget Redmi 7A as well.
Here’s the official changelog for MIUI v18.104.22.168:
- Updated Android Security Patch to September 2019. Increased system security.
- Optimization: Lock screen pocket mode
- Optimization: Removed unnecessary sound notifications for DND mode
- New: Editing, sharing, and customizing your screenshots is now much easier
- Game speed booster:
- A major upgrade for the toolbox in Game Turbo: autoplay and switching between data SIM cards are available now
- Auto brightness, screenshot gestures, and Reading mode can be turned off automatically when Game Turbo is on
- Refreshed start page of Game Turbo
- Optimization: Prompts about turning on Game Turbo
- New: You can create a Home screen shortcut for Game Turbo now
- New: Continuous swiping opens an additional menu in Game Turbo now
- Stay productive and efficient with our all-new Mi Doc Viewer
- Preview your documents before you open them
- App vault:
- Optimization: All-new design and UI
- New: You can swipe down to view more shortcuts now
- Always-on display:
- Keep your screen alive with our amazing special effects
- Personalize your device with a unique signature
- Always-on display now comes with gorgeous dynamic themes. Essential information is displayed on your screen 24/7
- More features:
- Game Turbo. Turn your device into an ultimate gaming console.
- Quick replies. Reply to messages from any app.
- Tasks. Manage and edit your tasks in the Notes app. Receive timely notifications and mark things done.
- Print photos and files directly from your phone without installing any additional apps
- Sounds of nature:
- Notification sounds won’t make you tired. Now, they keep changing dynamically, just like nature does.
- Wake up to the gentle sounds of nature with our new alarm ringtones
- Mi Share:
- Transfer files from phone to phone at breakneck speeds
- Lockscreen, status bar, Notification shade
- Fix: Fingerprint icon didn’t always disappear after unlocking
- Fix: Fingerprint icon wasn’t always displayed on the Lock screen
- Optimization: Improved UI and layouts for selecting items that are displayed on the turned off-screen
- Optimization: In-screen fingerprint scanner’s response
- Optimization: Calendar icon on the turned off-screen
- New: Use your fingerprint to open Home screen once you unlocked the device using face data and stayed on the Lock screen
- New: More clock formats for Always-on display
- Comprehensive design optimized for full-screen display devices
- Removing visual clutter, improving touch controls, and refining the use of color allowed us to create a system where nothing stands between you and the content
Thanks to XDA Recognized Developer yshalsager for the tip!