Navigation Gestures 1.4 Changelog – Tasker Plugin, Performance Improvements, and more!
- Added “Launch Activity” action (premium). This lets you launch directly into certain parts of your favorite apps.
- Added Tasker integration (premium). This not only lets you toggle the pill or navigation bar on and off, but you can also set up a gesture to trigger a Tasker Event—meaning you can program the gesture to basically do anything you want with the power of Tasker!
- Added “Toggle NavBar” action (premium) for when you want to manually toggle the navigation bar using a pill gesture.
- Added “Open Volume Panel” action (premium).
- Added widgets to toggle the pill/navigation bar/immersive navigation mode.
- Added “Rotate Screen” action (premium). This essentially works like Android Pie’s Rotation Suggestion. Once auto-rotate is disabled, you can use this action to lock the rotation to whatever orientation you are tilting your device toward. For example, if you set a “Swipe Right” of the pill to Rotate Screen and auto-rotation is off, then if you tilt your phone to landscape mode and swipe right, the phone will lock to landscape mode.
- Added “Toggle Flashlight” action (premium).
- Added “Toggle Bluetooth” action (premium)
- Added “Toggle WiFi” action (premium)
- Added “Toggle Battery Saver” action (premium)
- Added “Toggle Screen Timeout” action to change between your current screen timeout and unlimited screen timeout so the screen doesn’t turn off.
- Added “Send Intent” action for some pre-defined intents for several popular apps (premium).
- Improved performance by reducing the polling of the Accessibility Service.
- Improved battery usage.
- By default, the app will no longer unhide the navigation bar when the user locks the device. This means you won’t see the navigation bar pop up for a few seconds after unlocking the device. The lock screen shortcuts will be cut off, though, so if you want to use those you’ll need to manually enable this behavior.
- Add separate option for 180° rotation fix (from the 270° option).
- Base pill position from the top of the display instead of the bottom (improve detection of fullscreen apps and games).
- Increase max auto-hide time from 3 to 10 seconds
- Increase default split pill height
- Improve keyboard detection
- Added alternate home action toggle (only necessary for OnePlus devices running OxygenOS 9 based on Android 9 Pie.)
Join our Navigation Gestures Beta Testing Group
We test each release ourselves before pushing it to the Google Play Store, but we also have a beta testing group on Telegram which you can join here to get the latest features.
Feedback and Support for Navigation Gestures
Feedback is very important to us. While we are blessed to have access to a large team that owns a wide variety of devices from several different device manufacturers, it’s difficult for us to ensure a bug-free experience on every device. If you are having trouble with our app, don’t hesitate to email us or post in the official XDA support thread.