OnePlus 5 and 5T get another Android 10-based OxygenOS beta with improved camera stability and optimized system icons
OnePlus has just announced the release of OxygenOS Open Beta 3 for the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T. The beta update follows the OxygenOS Open Beta 2 that OnePlus rolled out to both phones at the beginning of the month. The update is based on Android 10 and improves camera stability and squashes many bugs. OnePlus notes they have also optimized start-up animations and updated system icons of call recording UI and network indicator. Notably, for Indian users, the update fixes a bug related to UPI (Unified Payment Interface) that was preventing users from sending or receiving the SMS while registering/activating their UPI account.
The full update changelog is as follows:
OxygenOS Open Beta 3 Changelog for OnePlus 5 / 5T
- Optimized the system icons in UI of call recording, start-up animations, mobile signal, etc.
- Fixed the bug with access to audio tuner after connecting the earphones
- Fixed the issue with unwanted muting of calls in Google Duo
- Fixed the bug with sending and receiving the messages while registering or activating UPI accounts
- Improved system stability and fixed general bugs
- Improved the stability of Camera
- Wi-Fi & internet
- Optimized Wi-Fi transfer speed display in Network details
- Disabled Airtel VoWiFi
Just like the last time, OnePlus hasn’t provided incremental packages so users will have to install the full update. To update to the OxygenOS Open Beta 3, download the full OTA package for your device from the link given below. Then navigate to Settings > System > updates and select Local Upgrade from the menu button located in the top right corner and select the downloaded package. Users running on the stable channel or Android 9 Open Beta will have to flash the update from recovery, but do note doing so will wipe everything.
Note 1: Those on OxygenOS Open Beta 1, please disable the lock screen security (pin/pattern/password) before updating to Open Beta 3.
Note 2: Open Beta 3 is still based on April 2020 security patch level.
Source: OnePlus Forums