[Download] OnePlus 5/5T get Android Pie-based OxygenOS OB 23/21 with December security patches
Exactly one week ago, the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T received Android Pie via OxygenOS Open Beta. Today, they are both receiving another Open Beta update with the latest security patches and a few fixes. This marks the 23rd Open Beta update for the OnePlus 5 and the 21st for the OnePlus 5T, but only the second for Android Pie.
Here’s the changelog for both devices:
- Updated Android Security patch to 2018/12
- Fixed issues with custom accent color not getting applied every second try
- Optimizations for Face Unlock
- Fixed UI issues with scroller in the app drawer
- Improved color adaptation for the navigation bar
- Fixed issue with Netflix crashing randomly
Obviously, this isn’t as big of an update as last time, but there are some nice fixes here. The accent color issue was slightly annoying. Optimizations for Face Unlock are always welcomed if that’s your preferred screen lock method. Apps crashing is something to expect with beta software, so it’s nice to see Netflix fixed as well.
The update is available for those on the OxygenOS Open Beta track. If you’re not in the beta track and want to install the update, we have the full ZIP files available to download below for the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T. Keep in mind that this is beta software and may be unstable. Use at your own risk.