[Download] OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T’s OxygenOS beta based on Android Pie is finally here
OnePlus was one of the few OEMs that was part of the Android P Beta program, so we know they’ve been working on bringing Android Pie for their devices since day one. The OnePlus 6T and OnePlus 6 have been running Pie for a while now, but the previous generation devices are still on Android Oreo. Today, the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T are getting OxygenOS Open Beta 22 and 20 respectively based on Android 9 Pie.
Previously, OnePlus had released Android Pie-based HydrogenOS as a public beta, but that was only applicable for Chinese users of the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T. OxygenOS is OnePlus’ international software, and it’s what you’ve all been waiting to see. Android Pie brings a large number of changes and new features to the OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T. You get the brand new UI design, updated gestures (for the OnePlus 5T only), Adaptive Battery, Adaptive Brightness, and so much more. The full changelog is below, as noted in the OnePlus forums:
- Updated system to Android™ 9.0 Pie™
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- Brand new navigation gestures (this is only for 5T)
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.11
- Optimizations for background app process handling
- Do Not Disturb mode
- New Do Not Disturb mode with adjustable settings
- UI Improvements for emergency rescue
- Optimized UI for speed dial and calling interface
- Now able to assign a specific SIM for a specific contact or group of contacts when using dual SIM
- Parallel Apps
- Added support for more apps (Telegram, Discord, IMO, Uber, OLA) in parallel apps
- Now able to switch dynamically to your current location
- Display more suggestions when the search function is used
- Fixed an issue that prevented the app from refreshing when the location is changed
- Fixed an issue that resulted in some users being unable to find certain locations
The update is available for those on the OxygenOS Open Beta track. If you’re not in the beta track and want to install the update, keep an eye out on our forums for the full OTA link you can sideload.
Update: Download Links
You can download the OTA links below if you wish to sideload the update.