OxygenOS betas 21/13 for the OnePlus 6/6T bring improvements to Weather, Screen Recorder, and Phone apps
Earlier today, OnePlus started rolling out the latest OxygenOS open beta builds for its 2018 flagship smartphones. While the changelog isn’t as exciting as the last open beta releases, Open Beta 21/13 for the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T respectively add three new features and also fixes a few bugs on each device.
The first new feature is the ability to control the recording framerate of videos from the built-in screen recorder, a feature which was brought over from the OnePlus 7 Pro with open beta 19/11. The OnePlus 7 Pro’s Screen Recorder does not yet have the ability to change the FPS before recording the screen, but it’ll likely get this capability in a future stable OxygenOS release. The second new feature is the ability to rearrange or delete weather cards for multiple cities in the Weather app. Lastly, you can now edit Quick Responses in the built-in Phone app.
Changelog: OxygenOS Open Beta 21/13 for the OnePlus 6/OnePlus 6T
- General bug fixes and stability improvements
- Screen Recorder
- Added FPS option giving you more control over recording effects
- Improved scrolling experience for switching between pages
- Weather cards for multiple cities can now be rearranged or deleted by tapping or holding on them
- Optimized user experience by allowing you to use this app while app permission to access GPS location is disabled
- Better animation for switching between pages
- Improved experience with searching for contacts
- Optimized Quick Responses for declined calls and supported editing Quick Responses
Below you’ll find the incremental OTA and full OTA download links. If you’re unrooted and on the previous beta, you can sideload the incremental OTA in Settings > System > System Update > Local upgrade. If you’ve modified the boot image in any way such as to install TWRP or Magisk, then you’ll need to flash the full OTA.
Thanks to XDA Member Some_Random_Username and Akhil701 for sharing the above download links.