OnePlus 7/7 Pro get Android 10 with OxygenOS Open Beta 1
Google released the stable version of Android 10 just a few hours ago for Pixel devices. Essential, as is tradition, followed a couple of minutes later by releasing an update on the Essential Phone. More surprisingly, Xiaomi rolled out Android 10 for Redmi K20 Pro in China and India. It is the third manufacturer to have Android 10 rolled out already on the day of its official release. Now, OnePlus has announced the release of the first Open Beta of Android 10-based OxygenOS for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro.
Android Q for these two devices has been available as Developer Preview builds since May. In theory, Open Beta builds should be more stable than the Developer Previews because they were tested by hundreds, if not thousands, of users. If you are one of them, the transition from DP to OB is fairly easy. All you have to do is download the build OTA ZIP file from the links at the end of the article, copy it to the phone storage, navigate to Settings > System > System Updates > menu > Local upgrade, and choose the ZIP you downloaded earlier. It should take just a few minutes to install and optimize the update, after which you will be prompted to restart the device. It is recommended to backup your data before following the procedure.
OnePlus includes the application compatibility issues as the only known bug of Android 10-based OxygenOS Open Beta 1. This was expected anyways, as a lot of developers still haven’t implemented the newest APIs. Download links for the OTA ZIP files for both the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro are available below. They are both 2GB in size, so keep that in mind if you’re on a limited data plan.
- Upgraded to Android 10
- Brand new UI design
- Enhanced location permissions for privacy
- New customization feature in the Settings allowing you to choose icon shapes to be displayed in the Quick Settings
- Full Screen Gestures
- Added inward swipes from the left or right edge of the screen to go back
- Added a bottom navigation bar to allow switching left or right for recent apps
- Game Space
- New Game Space feature now joins all your favorite games in one place for easier access and better gaming experience
- Smart display
- Supported intelligent info based on specific times, locations and events for Ambient Display (Settings – Display – Ambient Display – Smart Display)
- Now possible to block spam by keywords for Message (Messages – Spam – Settings -Blocking settings)
- Application compatibility issues
- Low probability of system lag and stability issues
Source: OnePlus Community