OnePlus 7 gets OxygenOS 9.5.7 update with Bullets Wireless 2 enhancements, VoLTE for new carriers, and more
Although OnePlus’ first true flagship smartphone has garnered most of the media attention, its sibling the OnePlus 7 is a smart choice for those looking for a flagship smartphone on a budget. Like the 7 Pro, the 7 has received multiple OxygenOS updates since launch to fix bugs, improve the performance, tune the camera software, and add new features. The latest OxygenOS stable update, OxygenOS 9.5.7, is now rolling out for the international OnePlus 7.
The new update adds a sound profile for the Bullets Wireless 2 Bluetooth wireless earbuds. This sound enhancement profile can be found in Settings under Dolby Atmos. In addition, the update brings VoLTE/VoWiFi support for 3 SE and Telenor SE. Other improvements include fixes to the speed and accuracy of location tracking when the screen is off, fixes to the automatic brightness sensitivity, and more. The full changelog has been reproduced below.
OxygenOS 9.5.7 Changelog for the OnePlus 7
- Optimized the sensitivity of automatic brightness
- Optimized the speed and accuracy of GPS while screen is off
- Added sound enhancement for OnePlus Bullets Wireless 2 (Settings – Sound & vibration – Dolby Atmos – Earphone Adjustment – Earphone Sound Enhancement)
- Support VoLTE/VoWiFi for 3 SE and Telenor SE (EEA Only)
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Improved the performance of camera mode switching
- Improved experience of auto focusing in some scenes
- Improved the effect of photo-stitching in Panorama mode
- Improved photo quality of 48MP JPG in Pro mode
Thanks to XDA Member Some_Random_Username from the Oxygen Updater team, we have the update zips for the latest update.
For the international G57AA model: OOS 9.5.6 –> OOS 9.5.7
If you’re on OOS 9.5.6, then you can simply download this OTA file and sideload it using the “local upgrade” function in the system updater app.
Want more posts like this delivered to your inbox? Enter your email to be subscribed to our newsletter.