OxygenOS 10.0.2 for the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro brings October 2019 patches and many optimizations
OnePlus has been one of the fastest OEMs at providing Android 10 updates for its smartphones, though a few updates were admittedly rushed or delayed. Nonetheless, it’s impressive that the company rolled out a stable Android 10 update for the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro less than 3 weeks after Google rolled out the update for the Pixel smartphones. Last month, OnePlus rolled out a minor hotfix update for the 7 series in the form of OxygenOS 10.0.1, but now, they’re rolling out a larger update that bumps the Android Security Patch Level to October 2019 and brings a ton of optimizations and bug fixes.
The latest update, OxygenOS 10.0.2, is rolling out for users internationally. The update has already rolled out to many OnePlus 7 Pro users, but we’ve received word that it has started to roll out for the OnePlus 7 as well. Here’s the full changelog for the update that’s currently rolling out:
OxygenOS 10.0.2 for the OnePlus 7 Series Changelog
- Optimized the standby power consumption
- Optimized the expanded screenshot feature
- Optimized the Bluetooth connectivity in automobiles
- Improved the translation accuracy
- Optimized overall communication (network, phone calls, mobile data) performance
- Optimized charging performance with third-party chargers
- Fixed the blank screen issue
- Fixed fingerprint icon animation issue
- Fixed the volume issue with AirPods
- Fixed the black bar issue while charging or playing a video
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.10
- Improved system stability and general bug fixes
- Optimized the performance of Super Stable feature in the Video for the camera app
Since the OnePlus 7 doesn’t have the Super Stable video mode, the OxygenOS 10.0.02 changelog omits that part. Otherwise, the changelog for both devices is the same.
OP 7 Global: OOS 10.0.2 Full OTA
OP 7 EU: OOS 10.0.1 –> 10.0.2 Incremental OTA
An explanation for each build tag can be found here. We will update this post with additional download links as we get them. You can alternatively use the Oxygen Updater app to get the latest incremental and full OTA download links. After downloading the incremental or full OTA zip file, you can sideload the update by going to Settings > System > System update > Local upgrade.
Thanks to XDA Senior Member Some_Random_Username for the download links, again!