OnePlus 7 Pro gets OxygenOS 9.5.7 with a bunch of camera improvements
OnePlus made some pretty massive headlines this year with the launch of the OnePlus 7 Pro. The company continued its tradition of selling a more affordable device (the regular OnePlus 7) but took things a step further with the Pro variant. We saw good notes about the camera on DxOMark, many reviews hailed it as the best smartphone of the year (so far), but ambitious products like this can often fall short of expectations. There have been multiple reports of issues with the display (ghost touches and unresponsive areas), and many reviews have panned the camera performance. A new update aims to improve the touch sensitivity of the display and the camera quality.
OxygenOS update version 9.5.7 for the OnePlus 7 Pro focuses on two main aspects of the smartphone. The first slew of changes is for the device’s camera and that’s something many people have been waiting on. The OnePlus 7 Pro can take some good photographs but it does struggle in some situations. This seemed to go against the DxOMark review but OnePlus said that an unreleased update would help to improve things for customers who purchased the device.
They followed through with that promise as we see improvements to Nightscape, noise reduction in multiple situations, improved auto-focus, and more. The rest of the update includes improvements to its Double Tap to Wake feature, some bug fixes for Ambient Display, and improved audio quality in phone calls using 3rd-party applications. The last thing in the changelog mentions improvements to touch sensitivity of the OnePlus 7 Pro screen. It’s unclear if this fixes the ghost touch or unresponsive issues many have reported (my unit does not produce these issues).
If your OnePlus 7 Pro experienced issues with its display, let us know if this OTA update fixed it.
- Improved overall contrast and color performance
- Improved white balance consistency of triple camera
- Improved accuracy and stability of auto focusing
- Fixed issue of greenish tone in some low light scenes
- Fixed issue of noise in some HDR scenes
- Improved contrast and color saturation of ultra wide
- Improved clarity and noise reduction in low light scene of ultra wide
- Improved clarity and noise reduction of telephoto
- Improved clarity and color of Nightscape
- Improved brightness and clarity in extreme low light scene of Nightscape
- Optimized Double Tap to Wake
- Fixed issues with Ambient Display
- Improved the audio quality for voice calls from third-party apps
- Improved touch sensitivity for screen
Want more posts like this delivered to your inbox? Enter your email to be subscribed to our newsletter.