[Update: Pulled] OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro get OxygenOS Open Beta 12 with April 2020 patches, camera lens dirt detection, and more
Earlier this week, OnePlus unveiled the OnePlus 8 series. Although the company’s attention is mostly focused on promoting its two new smartphones, the company is still providing support for its previous generation flagships as promised. Now, the 2019 OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro are receiving OTA updates to OxygenOS Open Beta 12.
OxygenOS Open Beta 12 brings the April 2020 Android Security Patch Level (SPL), a new feature in the OnePlus Camera app to detect dirt on the camera lens, ringing duration information for missed phone calls, and more. This update follows Open Beta 11 last month which brought the Android Security Patch Level to March 2020 and also added the Instant Translation feature. The stable update for the 7 series also rolled out last month with the March 2020 SPL.
Changelog – OxygenOS Open Beta 12 for the OnePlus 7 series
- Optimized the volume adjustment to improve user experience
- Added the missing recording icon in call screen
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.04
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Added the ringing duration info for missed calls
- Now you can switch your mobile data on phone calls supported with VoLTE
- Added a feature which can now detect dirt on the camera lens, prompting a quick cleanup for better image and video quality.
The update is rolling out now for users. The incremental OTAs for both devices are about 316MB in size.
OxygenOS Open Beta 12 Downloads
If you don’t want to wait for the OTA to reach your device, you can download the incremental OTA file or the full OTA file from the links below. Simply download one of the files and then use the “local upgrade” option in the System Update screen under Settings to initiate the update.
Thanks to XDA Senior Member Some_Random_Username for providing some of the download links!