OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro are getting their second Android 10 beta updates with OxygenOS Open Beta 2
OnePlus recently celebrated 1500 days of its custom Android OS, OxygenOS. We recently talked to OnePlus about its plans for Android 10 and its views on custom ROMs, but we weren’t able to learn when the company will roll out the stable Android 10 update for its 2017 smartphones. While we’re expecting an Android 10-based Open Beta to drop this month for the OnePlus 6/6T, OnePlus has gone ahead and released its second Open Beta for the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro.
The update is rolling out now to users over-the-air. The update doesn’t contain any new features according to the changelog, but it has a couple of bug fixes that may improve the day-to-day stability. Crash fixes have been deployed for the fingerprint unlock, gestures, and parallel apps feature, for instance. Here’s the full changelog:
OxygenOS Open Beta 2 Changelog
- Optimized the animation effect when Notification bar is being scrolled upwards
- Redesigned Wi-fi icon in Quick Settings
- Fixed the crash issue with the Fingerprint Unlock
- Fixed the crash issue with default OnePlus Gestures
- Fixed issues with Status Bar not displaying Ul elements.
- Fixed the dark screen issue on the lock screen while accessing Games.
- Fixed the crash issue with System UI caused by parallel Whatsapp app
- General bug fixes and stability improvements.
As usual, we have the download links for the update right here.
You can either download the full OTA if you want to upgrade from the stable Android 9 Pie release or you’re rooted, or you can download the incremental OTA if you’re already on Open Beta 1 and you haven’t modified the software. Either way, you can sideload the OTA by copying it to your phone’s internal storage and then navigating to Settings > System> System Updates > Menu> Local upgrade and then choosing the OTA ZIP file you downloaded.
Thanks to XDA Senior Member Some_Random_Username for providing the download links!
Want more posts like this delivered to your inbox? Enter your email to be subscribed to our newsletter.