OnePlus rolls out new OxygenOS stable updates to the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro with “Canvas” mode, October 2020 patches and other changes
OnePlus runs three different channels for OxygenOS updates: closed beta, open beta, and official stable builds. The OnePlus 8 lineup recently received new treats in the Open Beta channel with the rollout of Open Beta 3, which bumped up the Android security patch level (SPL) to October 2020, and introduced a new Always-on ambient display mode based on the “Canvas” feature. Now, users in the stable branch are also getting some new goodies in the form of OxygenOS 184.108.40.206, bringing over the “Canvas” mode (albeit without AOD integration), optimizations to background process management, October 2020 security patches, and adaptive brightness improvements.
Changelog for OxygenOS 220.127.116.11 for the OnePlus 8 and OnePlus 8 Pro are as follows:
- Optimized the frame stability algorithm to make the experience smoother
- Optimized adaptive brightness algorithm, making 8,192 levels of automatic brightness adjustment more comfortable
- Optimized background process management mechanism to improve standby-by performance
- The quick setting has been adjusted to three lines
- Updated Android Security Patch to 2020.10
- Improved system stability
- Ambient display
- Newly added Canvas feature that can automatically draw a wireframe picture based on a lock screen photo on your phone (Path: Settings-Customization-Wallpaper-Canvas-Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically)
- Optimized the intelligent 5G function to extend battery endurance capacity
- Optimized Wi-Fi connection to improve stability of connectivity
- Optimized Wi-Fi connection to reduce transfer delay
- Fixed the low probability issue that it was muted after connecting to Bluetooth
Download: OxygenOS 18.104.22.168 for the OnePlus 8 Series
In case you haven’t received the update on your device and you don’t wish to wait for the OTA notification, you can download the appropriate update package from the index below and flash it manually. Currently, we don’t have access to the OTA for the global variants. We’ll update the article with the links as soon as we get our hands on it.
- OnePlus 8
- OnePlus 8 Pro
Thanks to XDA Senior Member Some_Random_Username for the download links!