OnePlus 8 series get OxygenOS 10.5.3/10.5.5 with improved touch sensitivity, video smoothness, and more
OnePlus announced the OnePlus 8 (our review) and 8 Pro (our review) earlier this month, and the two phones have already started shipping to consumers worldwide. The day 1 update brought Live Captions, Bullets Wireless Z integration with Dolby Atmos, and more changes. Now, a second update is rolling out for both devices, bringing a handful of bug fixes and optimizations.
The fixes include improved touch sensitivity on the screen edges (both devices have curved edges), improved video smoothness in Motion graphics smoothing (which only applies to the 8 Pro as it features a dedicated chip for MEMC), better white balance and autofocus in low-light environments, better mobile data and Wi-Fi transmission stability, and more. Early owners of the two devices have reported issues ranging from random Wi-Fi disconnects to display issues, so we hope to see more OxygenOS updates centered around bug fixes in the future. Here’s the full changelog for the update rolling out to both devices:
OxygenOS 10.5.3 and 10.5.5 Changelog
- Optimized touch sensitivity on the screen edges
- Optimized the display effects
- Improved video smoothness in Motion graphics smoothing
- Fixed known issues and improved system stability
- Simplified interaction experience for Bedtime mode
- Improved accuracy of white balance and focus in a dark environment
- Improved the smoothness and stability
- Enhanced the mobile data and Wi-Fi transmission stability
Download for the OnePlus 8 and 8 Pro
If the update hasn’t rolled out for you yet, then you can sideload the update by downloading the correct file below and using the built-in System Update tool to perform an upgrade. We have download links for most models but will continue to update this article when we receive more links.
- OxygenOS 10.5.3 for the OnePlus 8
- OxygenOS 10.5.5 for the OnePlus 8 Pro
Thanks to XDA Senior Member Some_Random_Username for providing the download links!