OnePlus 8T update to OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 optimizes 5G, power consumption, and more
OnePlus has released a new OxygenOS stable update for the OnePlus 8T that’s focused on optimizing the system, Bluetooth, and network for a better experience. One of the big changes is the optimization of OxygenOS’s “intelligent 5G function”, which the changelog says should extend the battery life of the 8T.
In terms of overall system performance, the release of OxygenOS 188.8.131.52 for the OnePlus 8T promises to improve power consumption and reduce heat generation. The update also improves system stability and fixes an issue where icons don’t display on the home screen.
In addition, OxygenOS 184.108.40.206 also makes some changes to Bluetooth performance, including improved connection stability, and a fix to the gallery that saw some abnormal display issues when loading a preview photo. There doesn’t appear to be any major new features in the update, but it should provide OnePlus 8T owners with a better experience.
OnePlus has been incredibly busy this year, releasing several new devices and continuing to issue important updates for its devices. Recently, the company rolled out OxygenOS 11 Open Beta 3 for its OnePlus 8 series, which included Canvas AOD and bumped up the Android Security Patch level to October 2020.
OxygenOS 220.127.116.11 Changelog & Downloads
- Optimized system power consumption and reduce heat generation
- Fixed the issue that icons are not displayed on the desktop in a small probability
- Improved system stability and fixed known issues
- Optimized Bluetooth connection to reduce latency
- Improved connection stability
- Fixed the abnormal display issue with leading preview photo
- Optimized the intelligent 5G function to extend battery and endurance capacity
Thanks to XDA Senior Member Some_Random_Username for providing the download links!