OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro get their first OxygenOS update right after launch
Just a few hours ago, OnePlus finally pulled the wraps off its newest OnePlus 9 series at the global launch event. While the devices are yet to reach most buyers and are in the hands of reviewers only for the most part, the company has already started rolling out a day-one software update for the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro with some promising improvements.
The OTA update upgrades the OxygenOS version to 184.108.40.206.LEx5DA on the Indian variant of the phone duo, while the global and European models are apparently receiving OxygenOS 220.127.116.11.LEx5AA/BA as the first software update. The new build promises to deliver improvements mainly in the camera department by optimizing backend algorithms like noise reduction and white balancing. All in all, the aim here seems to be to fix a lot of issues and enhance the general system stability.
The incremental update is a 345MB download, so nothing too huge. The full changelog is the same for both phones. Here’s what it entails:
- Optimized the charging stability
- Optimized the UI display of the notification bar
- Fixed other known issues and improved system stability
- Improved the video filming fluency
- Improved the noise and white balance issues with the rear camera
- Improved the image quality of the rear camera when shooting at night
- Improved the color performance of the Pro mode
- Improved the face brightness when giving video calls with third-party apps
- Fixed the issue that ultra-wide camera may have inaccurate color and noise in some scenes
- Fixed the Bluetooth compatibility issues
- Improved the stability of telecommunication functions
- Improved the WLAN transmission performance and stability
Even after applying this update, you’ll still be on the February 2021 security patch level, which is a month old at this point. Hopefully OnePlus will get better about timely security updates in the future.
Download: OxygenOS 18.104.22.168 for the OnePlus 9 Series
If you are one of the lucky ones already with a 9 or a 9 Pro in your hands, you should have already received an OTA notification to install the update. You can also download the appropriate update package from the index below and flash it manually.
- Europe (22.214.171.124.LE25DA) (210309 – Passes SafetyNet)
- India (126.96.36.199.LE25BA) (210309 – Passes SafetyNet)
- Global (188.8.131.52.LE25AA) (210307 – Does not pass SafetyNet)
OnePlus 9 Pro
- Europe (184.108.40.206.LE15DA) (210310 – Passes SafetyNet)
- India (220.127.116.11.LE15BA) (210310 – Passes SafetyNet)
- Global (18.104.22.168.LE15AA) (210307 – Does not pass SafetyNet)