OnePlus 9E allegedly coming alongside the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro
Over the last few weeks, we’ve seen several leaks and rumors about OnePlus’ upcoming flagships. As per the rumors, OnePlus will unveil the OnePlus 9 series in March next year, four weeks earlier than the company’s usual launch schedule, and it will include two devices — the OnePlus 9 and the OnePlus 9 Pro. However, the latest leak about OnePlus’ upcoming flagship series suggests that the company may launch another device called the OnePlus 9E.
According to a recent Voice post from renowned OnePlus tipster Max J. (@MaxJmb), the OnePlus 9 series will feature three new devices — the regular OnePlus 9, the top-of-the-line OnePlus 9 Pro, and the OnePlus 9E. The post states:
“Everyone is talking about the OnePlus 9 and OnePlus 9 Pro but there is a third device no one has talked about yet. The OnePlus 9E.”
While the post doesn’t reveal any information about this alleged third device, it claims that the OnePlus 9E is a result of OnePlus’ attempt to mimic Samsung’s smartphone portfolio and offer a device at every possible price range. We have no further information about the device at the moment, and our own sources, like the ever-reliable Some_Random_Username, are yet to spot any hints of the OnePlus 9E in existing firmware. So far, we’ve only spotted evidence of the OnePlus 9 and 9 Pro, but that might change soon if the latest leak is to be believed.
In case you’ve not been keeping up with our coverage of the OnePlus 9 series, here’s a quick rundown of all that we know about the devices so far:
- OnePlus 9
- It will feature the same design as the OnePlus 8T, with a rectangular camera module on the back and a hole-punch display over at the front.
- The device will allegedly feature a larger 6.55-inch flat AMOLED 120Hz high refresh rate panel.
- It will likely include 3 camera sensors on the back, with two of the sensors larger in size than the third.
- It is rumored to sport a 48MP primary camera module with a focal length of 6mm and a 48MP ultra-wide sensor.
- It will go by the model numbers LE2110, LE2117, and LE2119.
- It may be launched on Verizon and T-Mobile in the US.
- OnePlus 9 Pro
- The device will also feature the same design as the OnePlus 8T, with a much larger display and camera module.
- It will sport a 6.7-inch curved AMOLED 120Hz high refresh rate panel with a hole punch cutout in the top left corner.
- Unlike the OnePlus 9, the Pro variant will feature 4 camera sensors on the back, including two large sensors and two small sensors.
- It will go by the model numbers LE2120 and LE2127.
- It may be launched on T-Mobile in the US.
- Both devices are expected to feature Qualcomm’s upcoming Snapdragon 875 chip.