OnePlus Nord receives OxygenOS 10.5.9 update with Game Space and October 2020 security patches
OnePlus was a little late to roll out the September 2020 security patch update to the OnePlus Nord, which arrived at the start of this month. But that thankfully won’t be the case this time around as the company has already started pushing out the October security patches to its latest mid-ranger. The OxygenOS 10.5.9 is rolling out in batches to the OnePlus Nord and brings several new improvements alongside the security bump to October 2020.
The new update for the OnePlus Nord adds a new gaming tools box within Game Space, a new quick reply and mistouch prevention feature for gaming, improves Bluetooth and network connection stability, and fixes general bugs. The full update changelog is posted below:
- Updated Android security patch to 2020.10
- Improved system stability and general bug fixes
- Game space
- Newly added gaming tools box for convenient switches of Fnatic mode. You can now choose three ways of notifications: text-only heads up and block just for your immersive gaming experience
- Newly added quick reply feature in a small window for Whatsapp and INS (Enable it by swiping down from upper right/left corners of the screen in gaming mode)
- Newly added mis-touch prevention feature. Enable it, swipe down from the top of the screen, click, and the notification bar will pop out.
- Improved Bluetooth connection stability
- Improved network stability
The OxygenOS 10.5.9 update has started seeding to the OnePlus Nord units, and you can expect it to hit your device in the following days or so. In case you don’t want to wait for the automatic rollout, we have obtained direct download links to OTA zip files, which you can use to manually flash this update. We have provided links to both incremental OTA and full OTA zips, which you can find below.
Thanks to XDA Senior Member Some_Random_Username for the download links