[Update: Rollout Resumed] OnePlus Nord stable Android 11 update pulled due to performance and stability issues
After rolling out three OxygenOS Open Beta releases based on Android 11 for the OnePlus Nord, OnePlus finally rolled out the first stable Android 11 update for the device earlier this month. The update included all the new features that Google introduced with Android 11 and some of OnePlus’s own improvements, like a brand new visual design, a new Shelf UI, and more. Over the last week, OnePlus has been pushing the update to Nord users worldwide in a staged fashion. But the company has now stopped the rollout temporarily.
According to a recent comment by OnePlus Community Consultant dsmonteiro on the OnePlus Community forums, the OxygenOS 11 update for the OnePlus Nord has been “temporarily paused to ensure a smooth user experience, due to some bugs that have been detected.”
While the comment doesn’t shed light on the bugs, several OnePlus Nord users have reported facing issues like increased battery drain, slow charge speed, and more, following the update. The update also seems to have broken OxygenOS’ App Locker feature and users are not able to access locked apps after installing the update. Some users report that they’re experiencing lags on the device with the Android 11 update and they’re not able to open some photos in the Gallery app. We spotted a report of another unusual issue, which randomly adds parallel apps to the app drawer while using a third-party launcher.
OnePlus is currently investigating the issues and the company plans to roll out another OxygenOS 11 update for the device with fixes in the near future. In case you haven’t updated your OnePlus Nord to the latest release, we’d recommend holding off until OnePlus confirms that it has addressed all issues. But if you have installed the update already, you can downgrade to OxygenOS 10 until OnePlus releases a fix. Alternatively, you can switch to the latest OxygenOS Open Beta release if you don’t want to give up the new Android 11 features.
Update: OnePlus Nord OxygenOS 18.104.22.168 build begins rolling out
OnePlus has resumed rollout of stable Android 11, but with a new build. OxygenOS 22.214.171.124 is rolling out for the device, and it comes with pretty much the same changelog:
- Update to Android 11 version
- The brand new UI design brings you a more comfortable experience with various optimizations of details
- Optimized the stability of some third-party apps and improved user experience
- Optimized power consumption to increase battery life
- Improved system stability
- Fixed the known issues
- Ambient Display
- Newly added Insight clock style, a joint creation with Parsons School of Design. It will change according to the phone usage data (Go to: Settings > Customization > Clock on ambient display)
- Newly added the Canvas always-on display, which can extract the subject’s outline from any photo and display it on your lock screen (Go to: Settings – Customization – Wallpaper – Canvas – Choose photo preview and it can be generated automatically)
- Dark Mode
- Added the shortcut key for Dark Mode, pull down the quick setting to enable
- Now supporting automatically turn on feature & customize time range (Go to: Settings – Display – Dark Mode – Turn on automatically – Automatically enable from sunset to sunrise / Custom time range)
- Brand new shelf UI
- Newly added a weather widget with smarter animation effect
- Newly added the Story feature, which can automatically create the weekly stories by using your local photos and videos
- Optimized the loading speed to improve the image preview experience
Download OxygenOS 126.96.36.199 for the OnePlus Nord
Thanks to XDA Senior Member Some_Random_Username for the tip!