OxygenOS Open Beta 7 for the OnePlus 7 series brings new optimized charging and Chromatic reading mode
OnePlus runs three streams of software for its devices: Closed Beta, Open Beta, and the MP/official stable builds. As the name implies, the closed beta builds are available to only a closed group of testers, while the Open Beta extends pre-release software to a wider audience. This allows the OnePlus team to iron out any bugs and test out features with a wider audience, before rolling out changes to the stable release channel. After Open Beta 6, OnePlus is now rolling out OxygenOS Open Beta 7 for the OnePlus 7 series, bring over some new optimizations to charging, and changes to the reading mode.
Changelog for OxygenOS Open Beta 7 for OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro is as follows:
- Added an optimized charging feature to improve battery performance based on usage (Settings – Battery – Optimized charging)
- Optimized the RAM management
- Fixed the issue with auto-record toast messages in the contact app
- Fixed the wrong time format in the status bar
- Improved system stability and general bug fixes
- Reading mode:
- Added the Chromatic effect option to adapt color range and saturation intelligently for a better reading experience (Settings – Display – Reading mode – Turn on reading mode – Chromatic effect)
The update should be rolling out as an OTA in the next few days to users who are already running Open Beta 6 on the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro.
Download: OxygenOS Open Beta 7 for the OnePlus 7 /7 Pro
If you can’t wait, you can sideload the update using the links given below.
OnePlus 7 Pro
Thanks to XDA Senior Member Some_Random_Username from the Oxygen Updater team for the download links!