OneStart Spices Up Your Windows Phone 8.1 UI with Color
The Modern UI design aesthetic seen clearly in Windows Phone has been subject to substantial amounts of both criticism and praise. The UI is a little unconventional in its method of navigation and aesthetics, and many felt it a bit strange when Microsoft introduced it onto PCs. However, it offers extremely clean visuals and a stylish appearance. In terms of aesthetics and customization, there’s really not much going on when compared to Android–monochromatic squares, rectangles of pre-selected shades, and a couple of default themes. But as we saw at the Build conference earlier this year, steps are being taken to make WP8.1 more customizable.
XDA Forum Member xiaoshatian seeks to change this look for the better with OneStart, a Windows Phone 8.1 app he developed, which packs a number of beautiful polychromatic themes and background customization options for your device’s Modern UI. It’s features include:
- Plain mode: gives you the flexibility of choosing from thousands of solid colors for your UI
- Dual mode: lets you choose a gradient of any two colors
- Picture adjustment: your tiles become a collage of an image you selected
- Blank tile: your tiles become completely transparent
- Group label: sort and label your tiles
Windows Phone 8 users looking for a bit more customization will definitely appreciate the customization options of OneStart. If you are one of these users and are interested in checking this app out, head over to the OneStart app thread for more information.