Only Show What You Want Others to See with Gallery Plus
You might just be one of those people with your entire life on your handheld. Because of this, you need to have everything at your disposal with a short move of your arm and a quick swipe of the finger. That said, that is only you. And since you cannot selectively decide what you need to carry based on prying eyes and people needlessly touching your device, you need to find an alternative solution to keep your stuff… yours. XDA Forum Member appmobileplus developed a little app that may come in handy for those of you who do not wish to show shameless pictures of yourself to others.
Gallery Plus is a nicely designed gallery app with a nice and fluid UI that is somewhat customizable, allowing the end user to play with the color schemes a bit. (Granted, it is not NOVA, Apex, or any of the other great UIs. But considering this is a gallery app, having in-app UI enhancements like this is always a bit of a plus.) The app allows the user to selectively hide photos and videos of his/her choosing so that they are invisible until they are unlocked. One other feature that this app offers is the flexibility to hide individual albums, all albums, single pics or videos, and more. You can even instruct the app to automatically hide the video or pic you just took (handy for espionage operations). To top things off, the app also plays nicely with the Share intent, so it can be tapped into from applications such as Facebook, YouTube, and various file managers.
Please take the app for a test drive and see if you like it. It brings tons of answers for those out there who would much rather not have to explain a few things that can be found in their galleries. Enjoy it and do not forget to leave some feedback for the dev!
– Hide photos & hide videos
– Filter only photos or only videos
– Fastest and most secure private gallery
– Backup & Restore photo on cloud
– Hide photos, videos from another application with “Share” (gallery, file manager, etc)
– Storage to hide (sdcard or internel storage)
– Change themes
– Classic password or pattern password
– Hide application icon on app draw.
– Take a photo, recover video and auto hide it
– View gallery with stock gallery and hidden gallery, easy switch between them
– View photos, videos, zoom in, out, slideshow
– Effect scroll then view photos, videos(stack, zoom, tablet…)
– Multi-select photos, videos to hide.
You can find more information in the original thread.