OPPO Find X2 Pro certified as a YouTube Signature Device
YouTube recently launched a new Device Report website, where phones that can provide best-in-class YouTube experiences are listed down. These phones are listed after “rigorous testing”, and the team at YouTube also works with the manufacturers to improve video playback performance. Considering how integral YouTube has become to the smartphone experience of the average user, all of this effort makes a lot of sense. Smartphones from Samsung, Sony, Xiaomi, OnePlus, Google, Nokia, LG, HTC and more were listed at launch, and more Huawei and Honor devices were added down the road. Now, OPPO makes it to the list of YouTube Signature Devices with the OPPO Find X2 Pro.
To be classified as a YouTube Signature Device, a phone must support six technologies, including HDR, 360° video, 4K decoding, high frame rate, the VP9 codec, and DRM performance. Google notes the following details about the technologies:
- HDR: With support for High Dynamic Range (HDR), you’ll see videos that are richer in detail, with true-to-life colors. HDR capabilities allow a phone to display greater contrast, so you can see details of videos, whether that scene is shot in the dark, or bright light.
- 360° video: Immerse yourself in a new world with 360° videos, which have been recorded in all directions. Look up, down, or all around; with 360° videos you’re in control of the viewing experience, through on-screen controls or through a VR headset.
- 4K decoding: While some devices display 4K on their screens, 4K decoding ensures that you’ll see videos in high resolution and stunning clarity on VR, delivering riveting experiences.
- High frame rate: Enjoy gaming, sports, and action videos without missing a beat. Support for high frame rate (anything greater than 60 frames per second) means you get super smooth video playback.
- Next-generation video codecs: Watch high-resolution videos on YouTube while using up to 30% less bandwidth. 2019 Signature Devices are built with hardware VP9 profile 2 decoding, an advanced video codec technology.
- Digital rights management performance: From YouTube TV to rental movies, Signature Devices seamlessly stream premium content without disrupting your viewing experience.
The OPPO Find X2 Pro places a lot of importance on the display, which is one of the major determining factors for being certified as a Signature Device. There’s 120Hz refresh rate, 10bit color depth for 1.07 billion possible colors, JNCD of 0.8, as well as the O1 Ultra Vision Engine that enables features like Motion Clear Video Enhancements, and hardware-level SDR to HDR conversion. Being the best display from OPPO on a smartphone, the Find X2 Pro was in a good position to bag the certification.
This just in: #OppoFindX2Pro is the first OPPO flagship awarded with the YouTube Signature Device prestige.🌟
Thank you @YouTube for recognizing #ColorOS7’s new HDR Video Enhancer among other OPPO exclusive optimizations! @oppo
— ColorOS (@colorosglobal) March 18, 2020
OPPO Find X2 Pro users can thus enjoy vivid HDR videos, 360° videos and faster load time without pressing upon the available bandwidth.