OPPO Reno 2F receives its stable Android 10 update with ColorOS 7
After delivering stable Android 10 with ColorOS 7 to the Reno2/Z, F11/F11 Pro, A9, and R17 last month, Oppo is now bringing the latest flavor of ColorOS to the Reno 2F. In a forum post over at ColorOS Community, the company has announced the stable rollout of Android 10 and ColorOS 7 for the Oppo Reno 2F.
The stable rollout follows the close beta program that Oppo kicked off in March, allowing select Reno 2F users to test drive the early software and provide their feedback to the software development team. With the stable release now rolling out to everyone, Oppo says beta participants will no longer receive any further beta builds and will be moved to the stable channel.
ColorOS 7 brings a massive overhaul to the overall look and feel of the software and, as we noted in our review, looks far more aesthetically pleasing than the previous iterations of ColorOS. The update brings along a ton of new features such as new system-wide dark mode, new navigation gestures, Smart Sidebar, a revamped camera app, optimized 3-finer screenshots, new wallpapers, new Digital Wellbeing tools and much more.
You can find the full update changelog below:
[Visuals] [Smart Sidebar] [Screenshot] [Navigation Gestures 3.0] [System] [Games] [Home Screen] [Security] [Tools] [Camera] [Photos] [Communications] [Settings] [Applications]
ColorOS 7 update changelog for Reno 2F
• Brand new borderless design makes visuals more attractive and operation more efficient.
• Added OPPO Sans as the default font. The new font delivers a refreshing feel and fits well with OPPO’s pursuit of blending beauty and technology.
• Optimised user interfaces and improved one-handed operation.
• Drag an app out of Smart Sidebar to open it in Split-screen mode.
• Added two settings: Assistive Ball Opacity and Hide Assistive Ball on Fullscreen App.
• Optimised the Floating Window feature for more apps.
• Added a bubble: A bubble is displayed when you open an app in a floating window from the Smart Sidebar. Tap the bubble to collapse and open the app.
• Optimised 3-Finger Screenshot: Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers to adjust the screenshot size. Use 3 fingers to touch and hold the screen and swipe your fingers outwards to capture a long screenshot.
• Added screenshot settings: You can adjust the position of the screenshot preview floating window and set the screenshot sound.
• Optimised screenshot preview floating window: After taking a screenshot, drag it up and release to share it, or drag it down and release to take a long screenshot.
• New gesture: Swipe inward from both sides of the screen and then hold to switch to the previous app.
• Optimised gestures: All gestures are supported in landscape mode.
• Added Dark Mode: Protects your eyes while reducing power consumption.
• Added Focus Mode: Shields you from outside distractions when you are learning or working.
• Added all new charging animation.
• Optimised the Quick Settings user interface for easier one-handed operation.
• Swipe left or right to ignore banner notifications.
• Added a pause function for screen recording.
• Added a floating window and settings for screen recording.
• New sounds added for file deletion, calculator key touches, and compass pointer.
• Optimised system pre-loaded ringtones.
• Added TalkBack floating prompts for Accessibility.
• Colour Accessibility Mode added to improve the user experience for visually impaired users.
• New management function for recent tasks: You can view memory information about recent tasks and lock apps.
• Optimised visual interaction for Game Space.
• Optimised the startup animation for Game Space.
• More live wallpapers.
• Added Art+ static wallpapers.
• Customise whether to open Global Search or the notification drawer when swiping down on the Home screen.
• Customise the size, shape, and style of app icons on the Home screen.
• Swipe up on the Lock screen to switch unlock methods.
• Optimised the graphic design of password unlocks to facilitate one-handed operations.
• Supported live wallpapers on the Lock screen.
• More screen-off clock styles.
• Added a simple Home screen mode, featuring larger fonts and icons and a clearer layout.
• Connect your phone to Wi-Fi networks using a random MAC address to avoid targeted ads and protect your privacy.
• In Quick Settings or Smart Sidebar, you can open Calculator in a floating
• Added the trim feature in Recordings.
• Added the Weather (dynamic) ringtone, which automatically adapts to the current weather.
• Added weather-adaptive animations in Weather.
• Optimised the Camera UI for better user experience.
• Optimised the Timer UI and sound.
• Optimised the Album UI for a clear hierarchy and quick lookup of photos.
• Added Album Recommendations that recognises more than 80 different scenes.
• OPPO Share now supports sharing files with vivo and Xiaomi devices.
• Optimised the Contacts UI for a more efficient experience.
• Search Settings now supports fuzzy match and contains a search history.
• Soloop Video Editor: Create your video with one tap.
• Added DocVault, an app for easy management and use of your digital ID cards (available only on phones sold in India).
[Navigation Gestures 3.0]
The ColorOS 7 update has already started hitting the Reno 2F devices in India. If you haven’t received an update notification yet, you can head to Settings > Software Updates to see if it’s available for download.
Launched in August of 2019, the Oppo Reno 2F is an upper mid-range smartphone from the Chinese smartphone maker. It features a 6.53-inch AMOLED display, MediaTek Helio P70 SoC, up to 8GB of RAM and 128GB of storage, a 48MP primary camera, and 16MP pop selfie camera and a 4,000 mAh battery with 20W VOOC Flash Charge 3.0. The device came running Android 9 Pie based on ColorOS 6.1 out-of-the-box and was promised to receive the ColorOS 7 update in Q1 2020.
Source: ColorOS Community