Optimized Dual Core CPU Tweaks for the Sensation
Android devices have sported dual-core processor for quite some time, but developers are still finding ways to tweak the cores on various devices to give a more performance-oriented experience without adversely affecting battery life. HTC Sensation owners can now partake thanks to an elaborate script that optimizes their dual-core experience by XDA Senior Member iba21:
– dualcore with all cores TURNED ON
– governor badass for all of 2 cores
– min freq at 192mhz for all of 2 cores
– max freq at 1.566ghz for all of 2 cores
– first phase freq at 810mhz for bla bla bla
– second phase freq at 1.188ghz for bla bla bla
– third phase freq at 1.566ghz (is the maxfreq)
– only core0 is TURNED ON
– governor conservative
– minfreq 192mhz
– maxfreq 540mhz
Described more simply, the cores are governed such that the CPU is not taxed more than necessary to accomplish any given task, but this is done without sacrificing performance. The installation procedure is a tad convoluted, as users need to flash the Bricked kernel and copy a number of files into various folders in the /system partition.
Head over to the original thread to get started.