OxygenOS 10.3.1 rolls out for the OnePlus 6/6T with tons of bug fixes
Last month, OnePlus began rolling out the much-awaited Android 10 update to the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T. However, the initial rollout had to be paused multiple times following the reports of some serious bugs and stability issues in the early builds. A quick-fix in the form of OxygenOS 10.0.1 was rolled out shortly after to address some of the critical issues, followed by OxygenOS 10.3.0 two weeks later which fixed even more bugs including the random reboot issue reported by many OnePlus 6/6T owners. It appears there are still many bugs yet to be fixed as OnePlus is rolling out yet another bug-fixing update to both devices.
The new incremental update, version OxygenOS 10.3.1, fixes many known bugs, improves system stability and also brings along updated security patches. As per the changelog, the update fixes the annoying device unlock bug where the screen would go black after unlocking the phone with a fingerprint. Moreover, the overheating issue while charging, random connection drops when connected to 5GHz Wi-Fi hotspots, and camera crash bug has also been fixed.
The full update changelog for the OxygenOS 10.3.1 update can be found below:
- Fixed the issue with a black screen appearing after unlocking the device using a fingerprint
- Fixed the issue with the animation logo while rebooting device
- Fixed the issue with device heating up while charging
- Fixed the random disconnection issue with 5Ghz hotspot
- Improved system stability and fixed general bugs
- Updated security patch to 2019.12
- Optimised the image preview time in the Pro mode
- Fixed the camera crash issue
- Fixed the issue with videos and images not displaying in the gallery
The update has started rolling out to the OnePlus 6 and OnePlus 6T but since it’s a staged rollout, it may take some time before it can reach all devices. Luckily for the OnePlus 6T owners, we have the direct OTA link to the incremental update which you can download from the link below to manually flash the update on your device.
Thanks to XDA Senior Member Some_Random_Username from the Oxygen Updater team for the download links!