OxygenOS 4.1.5 (7.1.1) OTA for OnePlus 3 and 3T Rolling Out
We recently had an update to the OxygenOS beta, and as usual, we never have to wait too long for a new stable release either. Now we see OxygenOS 4.1.5 arriving to the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T.
This new update doesn’t incorporate all of the changes from recent betas, but should be welcome for its changelog nonetheless. It’s a minor update, but who can’t complaint about vague-but-enticing “optimization” bullet points? Below is a list of the highlights:
• Added system push notifications for important information from OnePlus
• Updated network settings for select carriers
• Updated OnePlus Community app to v1.8
• Updated Android Security Patch level to 1st May 2017
• Modified WiFi no internet indication icon
• Fixed storage issue present on 3rd party filemanagers
• Fixed VoLTE issue on certain Jio SIM cards
• Fixed connection issue on Android Auto
• WiFi, Bluetooth and GPS
• Proximity sensor
• Camera low light focus
• Expanded screenshot
• Enhanced system stability
None of these stick out as essential, but battery optimizations are welcome given users have been reporting reduced endurance with the last set of updates. The intriguing “app launch speed improvements” of the most recent beta also hasn’t made it to this list of highlights, though we get enhanced system stability. Finally, it’s worrying to see “system push notification for important information from OnePlus” as a new addition given this could open an avenue for unwanted advertising.
Have you been having issues with battery life or performance on recent OxygenOS updates? Sound off in the comments!