OxygenOS 9.0 based on Android Pie rolls out for the OnePlus 6
OnePlus 6 owners didn’t have to wait long to get their taste of Android Pie, as the company took to its forums Friday to announce the stable-channel release of its OxygenOS 9.0. Along with the standard Pie features OnePlus provided an official changelog:
- Updated system to Android 9.0 Pie
- Brand new UI for Android Pie
- New adaptive battery support
- New Android Pie gesture navigation
- Updated Android security patch to 2018.9
- Other new features and system improvements
- Do Not Disturb mode
- New Do Not Disturb (DND) mode with adjustable settings
- New Gaming mode 3.0
- Added text notification mode
- Added notification for 3rd party calls
- Accent color
- Supported accent color customization
OxygenOS 9.0 is being rolled out in stages, so if it’s available for your device you’ll see the following screen when you check for updates (thanks XDA Senior Member laura almeida):
It’s refreshing to see official Android updates rolling out more quickly to owners of third-party OEM phones, no doubt evidence of Project Treble‘s positive impact. Android Pie adds a number of new features and OnePlus has a few of their own goodies as well.
Download OxygenOS 9.0 for the OnePlus 6
If you’re interested in updating to the latest version but haven’t received the update notification yet, you can download the full OTA from the link below. You can sideload it in TWRP or by choosing the “local upgrade” option in the system updater app. Be warned that if you flash the update, you’ll lose any boot image modifications like TWRP or Magisk so you’ll need to reflash them afterward.
Want more posts like this delivered to your inbox? Enter your email to be subscribed to our newsletter.