OxygenOS beta 23/25 for the OnePlus 5/5T brings January security patches and Google Duo integration
The first stable version of OxygenOS 9.0 for OnePlus 5 and OnePlus 5T was released on December 26th. It bumped the system to Android Pie and brought December security patches. Not a month has passed since then and OnePlus is already offering the next system update. OxygenOS Open Beta 25 and 23’s changelog is quite verbose, but we’ll break it down below.
Arguably the most important change is the January security patches. I always take improved privacy and security more seriously than any feature update. Other than this one exception, the new update mainly contains functional updates and overall optimizations of the software. One such feature is improved control of the screen brightness. You also don’t need to press the tick icon after inputting the pin in the app locker. The Gallery application also gained a handful of fixes and features. The Phone application is now deeply integrated with Google Duo so you can do video calls easily. You can see the full changelog below.
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.01
- Improvements for screen brightness control
- Confirm pin without tapping √ for app locker
- Improved color adaptation for navigation bar when using third-party apps
- Added create collection, copy and move photos features
- New illustrations and design on blank pages
- General Bug fixes and overall experience improvements
- Added recommended tools in the toolbox
- Improved UI for category tags in the app drawer
- Added call history for incoming calls from unknown numbers
- Improved UI for Call History
- Deep integration with Google Duo
- Added caller identification feature (For India only)
- Added more search options to improve the accuracy of search results
- Improved accuracy of weather descriptions
- Added more unit options for precipitation, visibility, pressure and other data
- Added more detailed descriptions to weather icons
- OnePlus Switch
- Now supports migrating data from iPhone
You should receive the update straight away if you are in the beta program. OTA files are also available for manually flashing. You can download them from the links below.
Want more posts like this delivered to your inbox? Enter your email to be subscribed to our newsletter.