OxygenOS Open Beta 27/18 Released For the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T
OnePlus released an open beta for Android Oreo on the OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T last month, and with it came nearly all of the features expected, sans Project Treble support. It is unlikely that OnePlus will be including Treble support in the finished build, as it is not a requirement for devices upgrading to Android Oreo. Still, OnePlus are working to support their devices and provide promised updates, making a change after the situation that was the OnePlus 2.
OnePlus has now released Open Beta 27 for the OnePlus 3 and Open Beta 18 for the OnePlus 3T, promising bug fixes, better performance, a new security patch and more. Take a look at the full changelog below:
- New UI for Do Not Disturb
- We’ve made the Do Not Disturb setting easier to understand
- Optimized standby battery usage
- Smart Text Selection improvements
- This option should now work as intended
- General performance improvements
- Updated OnePlus and GMS applications
- We’ve updated OnePlus Gallery, and fixed some bugs in Weather, Recorder, and File Manager
- Updated Google security patch (October 2017)
- Other bug fixes and optimizations
- Updates to language localization, fixes for extended screenshot in some applications, Bluetooth performance enhancements, camera gesture fixes, and memory optimizations
There are also some screenshots of the UI, which show some blank space bugs present in this build.
As can be seen above, the location of the “Audio output” field is a blank space area in the leftmost screenshot. As this is a Beta build after all, there can be more bugs present, so be prepared to grab a logcat when you encounter one!
With lots of bug fixes and optimisations, those who were holding off because of stability issues may be interested in trying out the new build! Do note that downgrading back to Nougat builds on the Open Beta involves special instructions, so be sure to read up before you jump onto Oreo builds.
Download the OxygenOS Open Beta for OnePlus 3 and OnePlus 3T